1) Discuss what evolution is in terms of physical anthropology.
2) Define evolution
3) Discuss what a physical anthropologist may examine/investigate in order to study evolution (e.g. population DNA).
4) Discuss how a physical anthropologist would study your answer for Q3 and why it is helpful for studying evolution.
5) Find at least one outside source related to your answer for Q3 and Q4 (e.g. the genome project for DNA). Conduct original research, do not use the genome project because that example is given in class.
6) Briefly describe the source you discuss in Q5 and how is it helpful for examining/investigating evolution.
7) Choose a second subfield of anthropology (cultural, linguistic, or archaeology).
8) Discuss how an anthropologist in this second subfield would study evolution.
a. Remember, evolution can apply to both physical and societal changes, so things like language and customs can evolve just as much as bodies and brains can.
9) Discuss what an anthropologist from your chosen subfield may examine/investigate in order to study evolution (e.g. an archaeologist may look at how tools have changed through time, and what has caused that change).
10) Discuss how an anthropologist from your chosen subfield would study your answer for Q8, and why it is helpful for studying evolution.
11) Find at least one outside source related to your answer for Q8 and Q9. Conduct original research, do not use tool evolution because that example is given in class.
12) Briefly describe the source that you describe in Q11 and how is it helpful for examining/investigating evolution.
13) Discuss how the study of evolution between physical anthropology and your chosen subfield compare and contrast.
14) Conclude by discussing one new piece of information you learned about evolution.
Physical anthropology is the study of structural changes in of humans and their variability that enable them to adapt to the environmental stresses. Evolutionary perspective examines the physical forms of human beings such as bones, muscles and organs. The primary focus of evolution involves the determination and examination of the functionality of the human body in ensuring survival and reproduction (Steckley, 2011). Paleoanthropology is an area of physical anthropology, which studies the evolution of primates and hominids using fossil records. Physical anthropologists concentrate on anatomical and physiological structures of human beings with a major focus on their stages of growth and development.
Evolution refers to changes in inherited characteristics of biological populations from one generation to the other. The process of evolution leads to diversities in successive levels of biological organizations in species, individual organisms and life molecules such as proteins and Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). Existing variations and patterns exhibited by bio diversity are believed to be shaped by gradual processes of speciation and extinction. Charles Darwin formulated a scientific argument for evolutionary theory through natural selection. Natural selection enables the genetic mutations that enhance reproduction to maintain commonality in successive generations of a population. Evolution occurs through changes in heritable characteristics of organisms (Bergstrom & Dugatkin, 2012). Evolution influences all aspects of behavior and forms of organisms such as character traits and physical adaptations through natural selection.
Physical anthropologists primarily study fossils of earlier organisms. Past species left records of their evolutionary history. Fossils constitute the morphological and anatomical records that physical anthropologists compare to discover lineages of the species. The fossil approach is suitable for hard-bodied organisms, which have shells, bones and teeth. The examination of these fossils reveals the morphological and anatomical similarities that are used as a basis of confirming evolution of human beings (Steckley, 2011). Physical anthropologists do proper examination of ancient humans such as anthropoids because they are considered closest to human beings and are mostly linked to evolution.
For more on this paper, click here
To get a custom written paper in this or any other topic, click here
Expert consultations to help you with studies
We have competent advisors in majority of main subjects
We are available around the clock and all over the world
We promise to meet your expectations or your money back
Place your order now
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.