BS1547 Introduction to Economics
1. The following essay question should be answered in 1000 words or less. If you write more than 1000 words only the first 1000 will be marked.
2. Please include any diagrams, tables, figures or equations you think appropriate. These will not contribute to the word limit — nor will references or footnotes.
3. Students are expected to use the lecture handouts, and any text of their choice to help them answer the question. However, additional reading is also required.
4. Essays must be submitted by 4pm on Tuesday 17th March. Late returns will not be marked, and a mark of 0% will be given.
5. The essay must be submitted online via Learning Central in the “Assessment/Assignment” section.
6. Full instructions of how to upload your assignment have been posted in the “Assessment/Assignment” section on Learning Central.
7. All diagrams and supporting material must be included in a single computer file.
8. If you have difficulty drawing diagrams in Microsoft Word or other packages, photographing/scanning of hand drawn graphs and subsequent insertion as a picture file
is perfectly acceptable
9. This coursework is worth 10% of your total module assessment.
1. Discuss whether GDP per capita is a good measure of the standard of living. Using data for a developed and developing country of your choice, estimate how long it
would take for the standard of living to double in each country. Evaluate whether there has been convergence or divergence in the standard of living between the
2. The new Greek government has recently rejected an extension to the country’s €240bn bailout. This has renewed talks of Greece leaving the Euro (so called Grexit).
This would put pressure on the currency union in Europe. Discuss the pros and cons of a currency union and whether Europe is an optimal currency area. . (50%)
The percentages above associated with the different parts of the question provide a guide as to how you should structure your answer in terms of sections.
Hints and Tips
Ensure your answer references the module material throughout the answer. A careful re-reading of the material will be needed to ensure you approach these question
fully. Question (2) will require reading outside the module material.
Use appropriate economic language and concepts.
Put in roughly the amount of work and words to each section, that the percentages associated with (1) and (2) suggest.
Don’t write everything you know about the subject, answer the question only. I want you to write in a concise way, so avoid flowery language and an excess of
For this coursework you don’t need to worry about formal referencing formats, but all source material should be acknowledged in the text and linked to in footnotes or
You can download the data you need for question (1) from
i) Click the World Development Indicators database.
ii) Select the two countries you are interested in.
iii) Click SERIES and select the GDP series you want to use.
iv) Click TIME and “Select all”.
v) Download the data using the DOWNLOAD button at the top right of the page.
Please remember to write which series you are using as part of your answer to the question.
Answer question (2) from an economic point of view, not a political one.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.