change management and sustainability
1. The case study for this exam is: Steckler N (2011) Charlotte Beers at Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide (A). In Jick TD and Peiperl MA (eds) Managing change: cases and concepts. New York, Mc-Graw Hill/ Irwin.
2. The frameworks referred to in the examination questions are contained in the textbook or have been discussed in the lectures.
3. Answers MUST conform to the word limit set. Students are expected to include the word count at the end of each answer. Markers will ONLY read until the specified word count and will NOT consider information past this limit.
4. While you are expected to refer to the appropriate theoretical frameworks to answer the questions set, DO NOT describe them: it will NOT give you any points and it will waste your word limit.
QUESTION ONE (10 marks)
1. a) Analyse the organisational culture at Ogilvy & Mather (400 words max). (5 marks)
2. b) Based on your cultural analysis, explain the reasons for resistance to Brand Stewardship and present the most appropriate method to overcome it (400 words max). (5 marks)
Justify your analysis by drawing on evidence from the case study.
QUESTION TWO (20 marks)
1. a) Using Stace and Dunphy’s (2001) contingency model of change, map the scale of change at Ogilvy and Mather to the way that the leadership team managed Brand Stewardship. Evaluate the suitability of their approach by drawing on evidence from the case study. (500 words max) (10 marks)
2. b) ‘A change process […] requires awareness of, if not action in, the political processes of the organizations’ (Pettigrew, A. 2000, ‘Linking Change Processes to Outcomes: A commentary on Ghoshal, Bartlett and Weick, in Breaking the Code of Change, eds. M. Beer and N. Nohria, Harvard Business School Press, pp 243-266)
Critically discuss this statement in relation to the case study. (500 words max) (10 marks)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.