Consume of portait.
Research Paper-Portrait Assignment
My assigned image: Northern Renaissance
Crestor : School of Hans Holbein, European; Birtish; English (painter)
Title: Portrait of a Young Woman
Work Type: Paintings
Date: about 1540 – 1545
RepositoryL The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
some bibliography you can use:
The purpose of this assignment is to produce a paper in the style of a scholarly journal of costume history such as Fashion Theory or Costume.
You will be assigned a portrait dating from 1450-1795.
– Using the OREO Method, make an assessment of the garments worn in your portrait. If you have a group portrait, you may choose to focus on a single figure.
– Be sure to include descriptions for the main garments, relevant background information (social setting and historical context) and aesthetic significance.
Paper must be six to eight double-spaced typed pages in length and include images, footnotes, and bibliography.
– All citations must be made using the Chicago Manual of Style for the Humanities (documentary note style.)
• Practice Research Paper: OREO Outline
Opinion- Althoughthey were not Aristocrats, the Arnolfinis were extremely wealthy and fashionable people of the late Middle Ages.
• Reasons (Social setting and Context)- The garments worn in the Arnolfini Portrait are exceptional examples Burgundian Court style. The garments are highly stylized and not functional for labor. The textiles on display would have been very expensive. The Burgundian Court set the fashions for the rest of Europe.
• Examples (Comparison)- His appearance is very similar to the contemporary portrait of Charles VII, King of France; her expensive linen headress and fur lined gown are similar to those worn by Margaretha Van Eyck, wife of the “exceptionally well-paid” court painter (Burgundian court)
• Opinion- Although they were not Aristocrats, the Arnolfinis were extremely wealthy and fashionable people of the late Middle Ages.
Practice Research Paper: Identification
• Artist: Jan van Eyck
• Work: Arnolfini Portrait
• Date: 1434
• Medium: oil paint, oak
• Dimensions: 32.4” x 23.6”
• Housing Institution or source: National Gallery, London
Practice Research Paper: Description
• They wear:
Crimped linen veil
Black velvet doublet
“Bowl crop” hair
Plucked eyebrows and shaved hairline
Practice Research Paper: Analysis
Who are they?
He is an Italian merchant living in Bruges.
• Are they wearing anything distinctive?
They are dressed in the Burgundian style.
• What are they dressed for?
Display of wealth. His fortune comes from textiles.
Practice Research Paper: Evaluation
Although they are not aristocrats, they are wealthy and extremely fashion-conscious.
• The portrait is designed to show off this status- their garments, Turkish carpet and other furnishings are expensive and not easily obtained.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.