Project 1: Annotated Bibliography;
For your final project in this you will be asked to trace a crime or criminal incident through the adult criminal course justice system, from initial arrest to eventual return to the community following incarceration. In the course of that project you will encounter numerous decision points or stages in the system. Project 1will assist you prepare for your final project by introducing you to topic research. You may then use the results of this project to support your final project paper.
Project 1 Assignment:
Using one of the possible topics listed below (see, Topics), you will prepare an annotated bibliography.
What is an Annotated Bibliography?
• A bibliography is a list of books, articles, and documents. (CCJS bibliographies must be written in the American Psychological Association (APA) format
• The annotation is a brief (usually about 150 words) paragraph that provides some descriptive and evaluative information about each book, article, etc.
1. Your Annotated Bibliography must contain four (4) outside (not instructional material for this course) sources, at least two of which must come from the UMUC Library data base.
2. Locate books, periodicals, and documents that may contain useful information and ideas on your topic. You may conduct your research with the assistance of a UMUC librarian, reviewing your own personal materials on the topic, using the Internet, visiting an actual library, etc. and review the available items. Then, choose those works that provide a variety of perspectives on your topic.
a. Note: You can connect to Library Services by using the Library link http://www.umuc.edu/library/index.cfm under Resources in the Classroom Task bar; or,
b. Link directly to the UMUC Library Guide to Criminal Justice Resources link in Content
3. Type the reference “citation” information for the book, article, or document using the American Psychological Association (APA) formatting standards. (There are links to APA format standards under Library Services.)
4. Each reference is followed by the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. Creating an annotated bibliography calls for a variety of intellectual skills: concise exposition, succinct analysis, and informed library research.
5. Write a concise annotation (150 words) for each resource that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book, article, or document. Include one or more sentences that,
a) evaluates the authority or background of the author;
b) comments on the intended audience;
c) compares or contrasts the work with another you have cited; and
d) explains how this work illuminates your bibliography topic.
NOTE: Annotations vs. Abstracts
Abstracts are the purely descriptive summaries often found at the beginning of scholarly journal articles or in periodical indexes. Annotations are descriptive and critical; they expose the author’s point of view, clarity and appropriateness of expression, and authority. Abstracts will not be accepted for this project.
Select ONE of the following topics for all four (4) of your resources.
(Note: Other topics may be submitted to your instructor for prior approval.)
Arrest on Probable Cause
Pre-trial Release (Bail, Release on Recognizance, etc.)
The role of the Criminal Grand Jury
The “Insanity” Plea
The role of the Prosecutor
The role of the Defense Attorney
The American Jury Trial
The “CSI” effect
“Dueling” Expert Witnesses
The Victim’s Rights
The Criminal Appeal process
Alternatives to Incarceration
“Good Behavior Credits” in prison
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.