Culture;Applying Communication Theory for Professional Life: A Practical Introduction
Read the attached Chapter 6 from the book: Applying Communication Theory for Professional Life: A Practical Introduction – 3rd Edition. Then based ONLY in that chapter of the book, answer the two questions using simple English vocabulary and in a form of question and answer:
– The U.S. is considered lower in uncertainty avoidance. However, Americans are becoming more and more reliant on technology to answer questions for them (e.g. GPS, weather channel, public transportation apps). Is this just convenient OR are we becoming more nervous about the unknown (i.e. higher uncertainty avoidant)?
– LMX relationships are ideal; however we still do not understand whether the employee performance leads to the relationship or the relationship leads to performance. Why is this so challenging for us to determine? What could we do to figure out what comes first?
C H A P T E R 6
C u ltu re
After reading this chapter, you will be able to…
1. Define culture, cross-cultural communication, and intercultural communication.
2. Explain and identify examples for each of Hofstede’s five primary cultural dimensions.
3. Describe how each continuum relates to communication differences.
4. Compare and contrast select countries’ cultural preferences, based on Hofstede’s dimensions.
5. Articulate the difference between cultural generalizations and individual variations within a
culture, recognizing that culture is dynamic, not monolithic.
6. Explain how individuals communicate social identity through in-groups and out-groups.
7. Discuss the process of accommodation through convergence or divergence.
8. Analyze the positive and negative consequences associated with accommodation.
9. Predict whether a communicator should converge or diverge her or his speech by considering risk
10. Describe the connections between communication accommodation theory and leader-member
11. Describe the role of anxiety and uncertainty in intercultural and intergroup communication.
12. Explain how the threshold for anxiety and uncertainty can either impair or motivate communica-
13. Discuss how mindful communication affects anxiety and uncertainty reduction while simultane-
ously contributing to the positive outcomes of communication effectiveness and intercultural
14. Compare and contrast uncertainty reduction theory (see Chapter 3) with anxiety/uncertainty
https://online.vitalsource.com/books/97814833 1 1791/print?from=95&to=1 14&skip_desktop=true 1/20
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.