This research is for Financial Accounting Theory Master’s course. Instructions are as follows:
1. Define Earnings Management (EM)
2. Prevalence of EM in companies
3. Brief international comparison of EM (e.g. if EM is more common in Europe than it is in the U.S. and factual or theoritical reason for it)
4.Distinguish between legal and illegal EM
5. How to detect and test for EM
6. Why do companies use EM and why do managers feel the need to manage earnings (justifications). Also, are compensation packages of management as well as their tenure have an affect on EM?
5. Is reported earnings quality negatively affected as a result?
6. What are the types of EM.
You do not have to follow the exact order of the mentioned above. Please start the paper with an abstract/executive summary and end with a conclusion. Most of the information you will be able to find in the below list of sources. Please use atleast half of them. You can add as many other sources as you wish. Feel free to add any other relevant information about EM I have not mentioned above but it has to be directly related. Please use citations and add a bibliography. NO PLAGIARISM! Contact me if you need any more information. Thank you.
1. Dechow PM, Sloan RG, Sweeney AP. Detecting earnings management. The Accounting Review. 1995;70(2):193-225.
2. Yang J. Management earnings forecast and earnings management: Does prior-period forecast accuracy play a role? Journal of business & economics research. 2013;11(3):147-58.
3. Degeorge F, Patel J, Zeckhauser R. Earnings management to exceed thresholds. The Journal of Business. 1999;72(1):1-33.
4. Fok D, Franses PH. Testing earnings management. Statistica Neerlandica. 2013;67(3):281-92.
5. Choy HL. Assessing earnings management flexibility. Review of accounting & finance. 2012;11(4):340-76.
6. Schipper K. Earnings management. Accounting Horizons. 1989;3(4):91.
7. Ewert R, Wagenhofer A. Earnings management, conservatism, and earnings quality. ; 2012.
8. Lo K. Earnings management and earnings quality. Journal of accounting & economics. 2008;45(2/3):350-7.
9. Warfield TD. Equity incentives and earnings management. The Accounting Review. 2005;80(2):441-76.
10. Lin YC, Yung K. Earnings management and corporate spinoffs. Rev Quant Finance Account. 2014;43(2):275-300.
11. Aerts W, Cheng P, Tarca A. Management’s earnings justification and earnings management under different institutional regimes. Corporate governance. 2013;21(1):93-115.
12. Leuz C, Nanda D, Wysocki PD. Earnings management and investor protection: An international comparison. J Financ Econ. 2003;69(3):505-27.
13. DECHOW PM, HUTTON AP, KIM JH, SLOAN RG. Detecting earnings management: A new approach. Journal of accounting research. 2012;50(2):275-334.
14. Ali A, Zhang W. CEO tenure and earnings management. J Account Econ. 2014.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.