This research is for Financial Accounting Theory Master’s course. Instructions are as follows:
1. Define Earnings Management (EM)
2. Prevalence of EM in companies
3. Brief international comparison of EM (e.g. if EM is more common in Europe than it is in the U.S. and factual or theoritical reason for it)
4.Distinguish between legal and illegal EM
5. How to detect and test for EM
6. Why do companies use EM and why do managers feel the need to manage earnings (justifications). Also, are compensation packages of management as well as their tenure have an affect on EM?
5. Is reported earnings quality negatively affected as a result?
6. What are the types of EM.
You do not have to follow the exact order of the mentioned above. Please start the paper with an abstract/executive summary and end with a conclusion. Most of the information you will be able to find in the below list of sources. Please use atleast half of them. You can add as many other sources as you wish. Feel free to add any other relevant information about EM I have not mentioned above but it has to be directly related. Please use citations and add a bibliography. NO PLAGIARISM! Contact me if you need any more information. Thank you.
1. Dechow PM, Sloan RG, Sweeney AP. Detecting earnings management. The Accounting Review. 1995;70(2):193-225.
2. Yang J. Management earnings forecast and earnings management: Does prior-period forecast accuracy play a role? Journal of business & economics research. 2013;11(3):147-58.
3. Degeorge F, Patel J, Zeckhauser R. Earnings management to exceed thresholds. The Journal of Business. 1999;72(1):1-33.
4. Fok D, Franses PH. Testing earnings management. Statistica Neerlandica. 2013;67(3):281-92.
5. Choy HL. Assessing earnings management flexibility. Review of accounting & finance. 2012;11(4):340-76.
6. Schipper K. Earnings management. Accounting Horizons. 1989;3(4):91.
7. Ewert R, Wagenhofer A. Earnings management, conservatism, and earnings quality. ; 2012.
8. Lo K. Earnings management and earnings quality. Journal of accounting & economics. 2008;45(2/3):350-7.
9. Warfield TD. Equity incentives and earnings management. The Accounting Review. 2005;80(2):441-76.
10. Lin YC, Yung K. Earnings management and corporate spinoffs. Rev Quant Finance Account. 2014;43(2):275-300.
11. Aerts W, Cheng P, Tarca A. Management’s earnings justification and earnings management under different institutional regimes. Corporate governance. 2013;21(1):93-115.
12. Leuz C, Nanda D, Wysocki PD. Earnings management and investor protection: An international comparison. J Financ Econ. 2003;69(3):505-27.
13. DECHOW PM, HUTTON AP, KIM JH, SLOAN RG. Detecting earnings management: A new approach. Journal of accounting research. 2012;50(2):275-334.
14. Ali A, Zhang W. CEO tenure and earnings management. J Account Econ. 2014.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!