To the writer:
I’m not sure how many pages you need to write to complete this activity, but I’m paying for 5. If you need to include more information to complete this assignment, please let me know. Please follow my mentor’s instructions:
Submit a total of three files for this activity: two SPSS data files and one Word document.
Part A. Creating a Data File. Open a data file in SPSS and enter the data presented in Table 3.1 on page 72. Name this SPSS data file as LastnameFirstinitialSTAT80-2a
Part B. Create a mock research project. Submit your answers to the three questions below in a Word doc. Name this SPSS data file as LastnameFirstinitialSTAT80-2b
1. Considering your area of research interest, briefly state your area and a possible research project related to the area (150-500 words)
2. Pose one or more null and alternative hypotheses that follow from the possible research project.
3. List at least 10 variables that would be collected in your mock research project that would be used to answer the hypotheses. After each variable list the variable name you will use in SPSS (Part C), the level of measurement (binary, nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio), and the possible range of scores. Feel free to be creative.
Part C. Create a mock SPSS data set. Name this SPSS data file as LastnameFirstinitial STAT80-2c
1. Open a data file in SPSS and enter in a set of mock data for the research project you describe in Part B. (Note: It is important that you do not collect real data for this activity; you cannot collect data without IRB approval).
2. You must enter in 10 rows of data for all 10 variables (that is, create data for 10 mock participants).
3. Participant #1 must have missing data for Variable #3. Ensure this is coded correctly.