Word Count: 2000
Choose and answer one of the following questions. If there is another question you’d like to explore but still relevant to a topic covered in weeks 1-6, please consult with the subject coordinator before beginning:
1. Hard determinists believe that humans have no free will because we are determined just like any other physical system in the universe while libertarians believe that, on the contrary, we are free. After describing each position, argue for which side do you think is the more reasonable to adopt?
2. Libertarians about free will appeal to indeterminism in order to assure the existence of human freedom. Do you think the facts they provide for motivating indeterminism are sound, or do you think they provide questionable interpretations about the nature of people and physical systems? Even if indeterminism is true, perhaps at the quantum level, do you think this helps the libertarian? Why or why not?
3. Recent findings from neuroscience have begun to paint a dim picture of one’s ability to be in conscious control of oneself. Do you think that these and similar scientific findings cast doubt on the reality of free will? Or do you think that these results overreach by attempting to answer philosophical disputes?
4. Compatibilists think that being considered free is consistent with being physically determined while incompatibilists disagree. Which side makes the better case? Outline and assess.
5. One way people have made sense of talk of necessity and possibility is through possible worlds where, for instance, a necessary truth is one that is true in all possible worlds. This raises the interpretative question of whether or not to treat uses of possible worlds in analyzing modality as referring to actually existing other worlds instead of fictitious objects. Do you side with those who treat possible worlds as concrete entities or with those who interpret them away as useful fictions? Present an argument for your case.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.