INFS 3100 EXCEL ASSIGNMENT # 2
Instructions: (use formulas or functions unless otherwise noted)
Fitness 24/7 has a large client base that are looking to follow a strict calorie intake diet combined with exercise. Therefore, in order to help their clients follow
a routine, Fitness 24/7 has set up a model to keep track of the hours of exercise per day in order to meet the target calorie intake. Follow the steps to work through
the model to make use of the different built-in Excel functions.
1. Create a model using the template on D2L. (Filename: 3100 Excel Assignment 2 Outline Spring 2015)
2. Use range names to define the following values:
a. 5%: Calorie_Decrease
b. 35%: Breakfast
c. 35%: Lunch
d. 25%: Dinner
e. 35%: Exercise
f. Assign the “Calories to be Burned/Hours” Table a range name as follows: “HoursofExercise”.
(NOTE: Do not select the table headers while assigning the table name)
3. “Total Calories Allowed” for Monday is 2000.
4. Calculate the 5% decrease in “Total Calories Allowed” for each day after Monday.
5. Breakfast is 35% of “Total Calories Allowed.”
6. Lunch is 35% of “Total Calories Allowed.”
7. Snack for each day is simply 200.
8. Dinner is 25% of “Total Calories Allowed.”
9. Calculate “Total Calorie Intake” using the SUM function.
10. Exercise is 35% of the “Total Calorie Intake.”
11. Calculate “Net Calories Consumed” using a formula. (Difference between “Total Calorie Intake” and “Exercise”)
12. Using the VLOOKUP function calculate the “Hours of Exercise needed” to burn the Calories calculated in “Exercise.”
13. Use the goal seek analysis to set the “Exercise” for Friday to 600. (Use the “Snack” for Friday as the cell to be modified for your model.)
14. Page Orientation Landscape; Create a header to include your name (center section), INFS 3100 Spring 2015 (right section), and Excel Assignment # 2 (left
section). (Use the header function.)
15. Print a copy of your completed worksheet. (No row or column borders, e.g., A, B, C, 1, 2, 3)
16. Print a copy of your cell formulas.
17. Submit hardcopies of your work. There will be 2 pages. (Staple the pages together.)
18. Save your file. You may need to use it again for another assignment. (I may request to see the file electronically.)
Fitness 24/7 – Weight Loss Program
Calories to be Burned Hours Note: The intensity of the workout may vary, which might change the amount of calories burned/hour.
500 1 See staff for advice.
Days Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
Total Calories Allowed 2000
Total Calorie Intake
Net Calories Consumed
Hours of Exercise needed
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.