Functionalist/Structual Functionalist in Social Media
** Style needs to be ASA
I have chosen to write about social networking and how it has had a huge impact on society within the last four to five years. Sites such a Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have literally changed the way teenagers, students and colleagues interact with one other. One site in particular that I would like to focus on is Twitter. A social networking site that has millions of users and allows them publish posts up to 140 characters long. Notable users who use this site are Barack Obama, John Mayer, Kim Kardashian and other large media groups. This website is basically like a digital billboard and has had a pretty big impact on the way people/businesses communicate. This website is also in the form of an app which makes it convievent for the everyday smart phone user to get access to.
I would like this paper to analyze twitter through a Functionalist Lens. Specifically focusing on Durkheim and Parsons and the way they project society as an ideal picture of a harmonious social relationship that is concerned with the maintenance of the social order and it’s functionality.
Two references from the required text is preferred
*BOOK REQUIRED* (Delaney, Tim. 2014. Classical and Contemporary Social Theory. New York: Pearson)
**(THESE ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PAPER)
Purpose: To be able to affectively apply the Consensus Theoretical Paradigm (functionalist/structural functionalist) to a cyberspace activity/phenomena that you have chosen and has been approved. You will be using some particular theorist’s line of argument or, a particular concept (for example: social facts, integration, function, solidarity, equilibrium, anomie, AGIL, systems, values and norms, etc) to serve as explanatory guides or tools to understand the particular cyberspace activity. In other words, you will be arguing that consensus functionalist theory (any variant of it) is a viable means of understand this particular cyberspace activity. This is not a place for criticism of Consensus Theories. You are to pretend to be a functionalist/structural-functionalist and through that perspective and with the use of theoretical tools and concepts, explore why we engage in this particular cyberspace activity.
1. 5 points – you should have already chosen an activity in cyberspace.
2. 80 points – you must, in 4 solid pages (Times Roman, 12 pt font, 1 inch margin, double space), present a compelling consensus functionalist/structural-functionalist argument for the particular cyberspace phenomena. You can either use one concept and explore it in detail, or, you can use a combination of consensus concepts … or, you can pretend to be a particular theorist giving a talk on this cyberspace activity. Remember that the key is that you are making a case for the validity of consensus/functionalist/structural-functionalist arguments and indicating that this paradigm offers valid tools to understand the phenomena. You must correctly use at least two (2) citations from our course reading. In addition, you can use other sources, but make sure to cite and reference correctly. Citations properly used and formatted with the inclusion of a reference page will be 20 points out of the 80. If using short quotes, make sure to properly cite in your paper and reference at the end of the paper. Check the ASA citations guide that is on the “Assignments” page in BB.
3. 15 points – since this is a writing assignment, you must pay attention to the following:
a. Check for proper grammar
b. Spell check
c. Proofread, proofread and proofread … over and over again
d. Make a logical argument
e. Have proper structure and proper flow in the paper
4. All assignments must be formatted in Microsoft Office. So, documents must have a “.doc” or “.docx” ending to their name. Only these documents can be attached in the assignment icon in Blackboard. If you turn in a different format, such as .wps or .rft or …, your submission will not be graded. We might not even get to it until after the last deadline and by then, you cannot make a change. Please check your formatting and avoid this problem.
5. Plagiarism – be aware of the negative consequences of doing this, do not be caught saying, “I didn’t know.” Penalties for any form of plagiarism may be an F on the assignment or an F for the course. Be aware and be diligent in order NOT to plagiarize
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.