· Apply theory in practice.
· Conduct an analysis of financial statements to a real world company.
· Experience report writing skills.
Visit the website of your chosen and approved company and obtain the annual reports for the previous three years. Note: Financial statements are contained within the annual reports. Read the Director’s and/or Chairman’s report as well as other qualitative information about your chosen company. This will give you an idea about the background of the company as well as any highlights. It may also be useful to see if your company is being followed by the media. For example you may find that the Australian Financial Review, the Australian or the Sydney Morning Herald have been writing about your company. The financial reports will give you an internal perspective and any media reporting will start to give you an external perspective from the media’s point of view.
2. Prepare a three year trend analysis for the income statement for the previous three financial years. Perform the analysis in Microsoft Excel.
3. Perform a horizontal analysis for the balance sheet for the previous three financial years. Perform the analysis in Microsoft Excel.
4. Perform a vertical analysis for the balance sheet and the income statement for the previous three financial years. Perform the analysis in Microsoft Excel.
5. Perform a complete ratio analysis for the financial statements for the three previous financial years. Perform the analysis in Microsoft Excel.
6. As a result of your analysis and research on the company, write a report in Microsoft Word which brings all of the above analysis together in a professional format. Your audience is the Chief Financial Officer. In each part of the analysis and overall you will need to provide both an interpretation of the results and a recommendation of the results in the report.
As a guide you should include (but not be limited to) the following in the body of the report:
· Discuss the nature and overall strategy of the business.
· Discuss any challenges, opportunities, risks, competition the business faces as a whole moving forward. As an example there may be external factors of the business such as economic factors, social trends etc. that may be present as a challenge or an opportunity moving forward or the sector might be faced by increased competition over the past three years.
· Identify any areas that you consider to be strengths or weaknesses for your company from its operations based on your analysis of the financial statements. Explain why you have identified these areas as strengths or weaknesses and interpret them. If you identify strengths and weaknesses discuss how the company could improve on the weakness or build on the strength by providing a recommendation. You must be specific in your discussion, do not generalise.
For example, this may relate to a growth in debt, an increase in expenses relative to revenues etc. It is the group’s responsibility to look at all aspects of performance and identify what is appropriate for your company. Every company is different and each company will have its own strengths and weaknesses.
· Your analysis needs to be a critical evaluation, rather than a report that merely restates the results of the analysis. The written report, interpretation and recommendation needs to be justified with reference to the analysis. Your comments should be specific to the company you have chosen, not generalisations. The interpretation will be based on the analysis where you discuss the results and in the recommendation you will discuss the actions your group believes the company should take.
As an example it would be insufficient to state that the current ratio decreased as there also needs to be an interpretation and recommendation associated with the analysis. For example, the current ratio may have increased due to an increase in inventory, and
the reason for the increase in inventory may be a slowdown in sales which is not good news. In this example the increase in the current ratio does not necessarily mean that liquidity has improved as inventory may not be liquid. Adding the separate elements together you may conclude that given the reduction in sales the recommendation to the business may be that it needs to reduce its levels of inventory by producing less or if a retailer analysing what is and is not selling and work out which types of inventory it needs to hold less of.
· You also need to critically evaluate the limitations of your analysis. The limitations should be discussed with reference to your company, not generally.
· Do not include the calculations in the body of the report; they should be included in the appendix by cutting and pasting each part of the analysis (in Microsoft Excel) into the Microsoft Word document.
(The company name is IAU(intrepid mines limited),the teacher asked to write about three years (2012,2013,2014),please focus on the writing part of the topic.)
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.