Part A: 50%
Analyze the following advertisement. To demonstrate your understanding of course materials, use at least two references from the required readings in your answer.
THIS IS THE LINK FOR THE ADS https://boingboing.net/2008/05/12/creepy-slacks-ad-fro.html
Text at bottom of advertisement: “Though she was a tiger lady, our hero didn’t have to fire a shot to floor her. After one look at his Mr. Leggs slacks, she was ready to have him walk all over her. That noble styling sure soothes the savage heart! If you’d like your own doll-to-doll carpeting, hunt up a pair of these he-man Mr. Leggs slacks. Such as our new automatic wash-wear blend of 65% Dacron and 35% rayon— incomparably wrinkle-resistant. About $12.95 at plush carpeted stores.
Part B: (50%)
Write an essay of approximately 1000-1500 words on one of the following topics. In your essay, refer to at
Least three sources from the required readings to support your arguments.
1. How do postmodern theories of society and culture influence feminist study of the intersecting issues of class, race, sexuality and gender? Use examples from television and film culture.
2. How are Fiske’s concepts of the audience related to feminist re-valuing of popular cultural art forms aimed at women audiences, such as romance novels and daytime dramas.
3. Van Zoonen explains feminist cultural studies of media as focusing on “what do women do with media” (see unit one). Describe a feminist cultural studies approach to one genre of television programming and demonstrate what women do with this genre.
4. Consider Press’s theory of post-feminism with regard to gender discourses involving heroism, violence and sexuality in television and romance novels.
List of the Required reading :
1. Laura Mulvey, “Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema”
2. Mary Ann Doane, “Film and Masquerade: Theorising the Female Spectator”
3. Jacqueline Bobo, “The Color Purple: Black Women as Cultural Readers.”
4. Jean Kilbourne, “Beauty and the Beast of Advertising.”
5. Laura J. Burlingame-Lee and Silvia Sara Canetto, “Narratives of Gender in Computer Advertisements.”
6. Joanne Morreale, “Television in the 1940s and 1950s;” “Television in the 1960s;” “Television in the 1970s;” “Television in the 1980s;” “Television in the 1990s and Beyond.”
7. Serafina Bathrick, “The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Women at Home and at Work”
8. Kathleen Rowe Karlyn, “Unruly Woman as Domestic Goddess”
9. Kristal Brent Zook, “Ralph Farquhar’s South Central and Pearl’s Place to Play: Why They failed Before Moesha Hit”
10. Jennifer Reed, “The Three Phases of Ellen: From Queer to Gay to Postgay.”
11. Julie D’Acci, “Defining Women: The Case of Cagney and Lacey”
12. Herman Gray, “The Politics of Representation in Network Television.”
13. Sue Thornham and Tony Purvis, “The End of Representation? Television Drama and Postmodernism.
14. Marilyn J. Matelski, “Introduction”
15. John Fiske, “Gendered Television: Femininity.”
16. Karen Lindsey, “Race, Sexuality and Class in Soapland.”
17. Cathy Leaker, “All My (Queer) Children: Disrupting Daytime Desire in Pine Valley.”
18. Deborah D. Rogers, “Daze of Our Lives: The Soap Opera as Feminine Text.”
19. Janice Radway, “Women Read the Romance: The Interaction of Text and Context.”
20. Laura Mulvey, “Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema”
21. Mary Ann Doane, “Film and Masquerade: Theorising the Female Spectator”
22. Jacqueline Bobo, “The Color Purple: Black Women as Cultural Readers.”
Show me the answer separately (PART A, PART B)
pls explain the topic as much as you can and include examples, quotations from the required reading and put “” and show me from where you take it such as …..”..”(…,..) AND rephrase sentences and show me from where you take it such as …..”..”(…,..)
Use simple words
The teacher really focusing on the grammar
All the references suppose to be from the required reading and I have put the list for them chose the one you want it DO NOT USE ANY OUTSIDE REFERENCES
for part A use 2 pages and 3 references
for part B use 4 pages 4 references
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.