The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your knowledge of the topics covered throughout this course as well as to illustrate how the topics can be applied using examples of best practices in humanitarian operations. This is an individual assignment and every effort should be made to ensure that students engage in this exercise.
From the perspective of content, this assignment aims to solicit a broad spectrum of responses. Your submission may be conceptual, empirical, or analytical in nature. They can adopt a domestic or international/comparative focus. The assignment should be well-written, rigorous, and interesting.
The assignment should be grounded in real life humanitarian work and crisis management but, at the same time, I will entertain submissions that propose analytical models that support HOCM decision making process.
Topics of Interest:
You are required to select one of the topics below and complete the assignment based on the above brief. The topics that you are limited to discussing are:
1. Inventory shortages and unwanted stockpiling in unsuitable areas are often the main challenges of inventory management in humanitarian supply chains. How can the challenges relating to inventory and stockpiling be solved to enhance the resilience of disaster prone communities in Australia? Analyze the current theoretical literature relating to these challenges.
2. The literature talks about “partnerships”, “closeness” and “strategic alliances” in fostering relationships amongst supply chain members. These terms have different meanings and different implications to supply chain members. Analyse the implication of network theory or coordination theory as a mechanism to improving one of the following: “partnerships”, “closeness” or “strategic alliances”. You decide on which humanitarian logistics actors are examined when answering the above question.
3. Cash donations and voucher schemes were first used by the IFRC in the aftermath of Hurricane Mitch (1998) but have since become more popular and new telecommunication solutions for cash transfers have enabled their use in various African countries. The use of vouchers and cash transfers empowers beneficiaries to make active purchasing choices to cover their needs. At the same time, from a logistic perspective, it eliminates the need for costly transportation, storage, and other similar activities. In short, a shift from material to financial flows diminishes the total cost of aid whilst simultaneously empowering beneficiaries. This implies a reconfiguration of the humanitarian supply chain with consequential important contributions to the reinstatement of the local economy.
But how to determine the point of shifting from material to financial flows – if material flows are needed at all – is a key question of the future. Discuss this statement.
• This assignment should be a minimum of 1,800 words and a maximum of 2,200 words.
• The assignment should be typed using 12 font size, Times New Roman or Arial, with 1.5 line spacing, and in Report Style format.
• Harvard referencing to be used throughout.
• Minimum 15 references required
Additional Information & Instructions:
• While literature review and data collection are important aspects of research, I am far more concerned here with how you use the information to undertake the analysis.
• Do not overstate your conclusions and avoid unsupported speculation. It is not a weakness to identify that a conclusion is contingent and is based on such information as you have been able to gather, but it is a weakness to provide a conclusion that is not supported by data, citation or argument.
• Good written communication is an important business skill.
• Word Count (excluding references): 2,000 words
Clarity of issue, purpose and context – (Evidence of high levels sophistication in overall clarity of purpose)
• Clear statement of issue/topic being explored
• Clear statement of aim and purpose
• Relevant background information/contextual information
Literature review –Selection and Critique / Analysis – (Highly comprehensive and creative treatment of a wide and original range of literature)
• Critique/analysis (including depth, relevance)
• Conceptual framework identified/emerging
Development and coherence of argument – (Outstanding level of critical awareness and application)
• Clarity of argument
• Conveys understanding of topic and related concepts/theories
• Coherent conceptual linkages established across the literature, the context and the topic for exploration
Clarity and coherence of structure – (Sophisticated level of scholarship, demonstrating an exceptionable degree of originality, clarity and technical competence)
• Clear and coherent linkages established between the various sections of the work
• Structure provides a logical and smooth integration of sections, leading to a strong and integrated conclusion
Presentation / Referencing – (Outstanding level of presentation, referencing and structure)
• Referencing: adherence to referencing format, accuracy and consistency
• Bibliography: comprehensiveness, accuracy and consistency in format
• Clarity of expression/writing style
• General layout (including presentation of any tables, diagrams etc.)
Other helpful information and recommended readings is attached to this order
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.