Individual and Social Approaches to Communication
Read the attached Chapter 4 from the book: Applying Communication Theory for Professional Life: A Practical Introduction – 3rd Edition. Then based ONLY in that chapter of the book, answer the last questions of the chapter using simple English vocabulary and in a form of question and answer:
– How might social role stereotypes explain the interaction? Is there any evidence of descriptive or prescriptive prejudices?
– Discuss Lt. Meyers, Suzanne, and SSGT Lakey in terms of emotional intelligence. How do they fare on each of the four branches?
– What message design logic does Lt. Meyers appear to rely on? What about Suzanne? How about MSGT Robinson? Using Table 4.2 identifying forms of miscommunication due to MDL, analyze what might have happened.
– Assess the extent to which the axioms are present in the case. Do you believe generational variations might have played a role in the misunderstanding? Why or why not?
– Which theory seems to explain the situation “better” than the others? Why do you believe this to be the case? Are there other theories or a combination of theories that might explain what happened more fully?
3/3/2015 Print I Applying Communication Theory for Professional Life: A Practical Introduction
C H A P T E R 4
Individual and Social Approaches
After reading this chapter, you will be able to…
1. Describe some of the characteristics of a nature and a nurture approach to communication.
2. Articulate what a standpoint is and how it influences communication.
3. Summarize a communibiological approach to communication.
4. Explain the differences between sex and gender.
5. Compare and contrast communal qualities and agentic qualities and ascertain how these quali-
ties are associated with social roles.
6. Describe descriptive and prescriptive prejudices.
7. Explain the double bind facing women who are leaders.
8. Summarize research investigating the perceptions and realities of sex differences in communication.
9. Identify the components of emotional intelligence.
10. Differentiate between transactional and transformational leadership.
11. Distinguish the three message design logics.
12. Use the axioms of the interactional perspective to analyze a communication interaction.
13. Summarize the differences between the values and behaviors of the five US. generations.
14. Apply the axioms of the interactional perspective to generational conflicts in the workplace.
15. Summarize major theoretical approaches to individual and social approaches to communication.
16. Compare and contrast major theoretical approaches to individual and social approaches to
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.