Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
Details of an industrial building (including photos and power consumption) are given and the students are asked to carry out a feasibility study of possible inclusion of renewable wind power system into the building electrical load.
and you find two files from old students to help you
• Physical, technological and economic factors that determine the design and use of renewable wind energy systems.
• Statistical characterisation of the site wind resource.
• Design and analysis of the renewable wind energy generation system to adequately cope with power demand of the industrial building.
• The ability to present results in a structured written report.
• The ability to carry out internet searches for up-to-date technical information on renewable wind technological solutions and products
The UK’s new and existing buildings must adjust to a low carbon economy. Investing in renewable and energy efficient projects is important to help industry and government achieve the target of generating 15% of energy from renewable sources by 2020. Wind energy development provides significant positive economic impacts and delivers deep cuts in CO2 emissions.
1. This assignment is based on a competition challenging entrants to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions of UK industrial buildings by 50%.
2. The following information is provided in the accompanied brief file:
a. Photographs of the Raleigh Technical Design Ltd (RTD) headquarters building,
b. The wind data of the site,
c. The site energy information, which includes brief description of the following:
i. Floor areas and electrical consumption,
ii. Annual electricity cost,
iii. Current working schedules.
3. The table below shows the annual electricity use and cost, and related carbon dioxide emissions of the RTD headquarters building before applying the wind energy integration measure. These energy data provides the baseline electricity consumption, which can be enhanced by the addition of intermittent energy supplied by renewable wind source.
Annual energy use (kWh) 311406.4
Annual energy cost (inc VAT) £23,066.09
Unit cost (p/kWh) 7.4
kWh/m2 floor area 838
Carbon dioxide emissions (kg-CO2) 115535.1
Carbon dioxide per area (kg-CO2/m2) 310.9
4. You are asked to carry out a feasibility study of possible inclusion of renewable wind energy technology into the UK business building electrical load. For this you may use the help of RETScreen, an interactive software tool, which will allow you to investigate renewable wind energy strategies and explore different options in the design process for a proposed building electrical load. RETScreen, provided free-of-charge, can be downloaded from: http://www.retscreen.net. However, other methods of analysis are equally accepted.
5. You are also asked to describe the design rules which the integrated wind energy technology should follow to operate optimally and how the output of conventional energy system (electricity from the grid) will need to be adjusted more often to cope with fluctuations in wind energy output; why wind power source should be used? Assume that you have power storage in this sustainable energy system (Grid-connection or battery), how would design rules change then?
6. For the annual energy consumption of the building and using the hybrid (conventional and renewable wind) energy system design, determine:
i. The maximum capacity of renewable wind energy system that can be incorporated into the building power load,
ii. The annual energy production and savings that can be achieved with intelligent use and control of renewable wind and storage system,
iii. The annual energy cost with renewable wind, overall savings in primary energy use and CO2 emissions,
iv. The optimum power-generating efficiency and the payback period of the integrated renewable wind energy/storage system.
In order to meet its challenging greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction targets, the UK Government has developed a number of incentive schemes to encourage renewable energy production, including:
Ø Feed-in tariffs (FITs), introduced in April 2010 to encourage small scale, low carbon electricity generation.
The actual electricity price for the non-domestic sector including climate change Levy and VAT is 11.8 p/kWh (DECC),
The actual CO2 emission factor for electricity generated in UK is 0.527 kg/kWh (DEFRA).
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.