Intercultural Field Research and Analysis Paper
This assignment requires that each student research a culture different from her/his own.
1.) Engage with people from the culture in a significant way
2.) Investigate the culture through research
3.) Write a 3-4 page analysis paper summarizing your research and describing the experience
4.) A bibliography of resources is required (a minimum of 4 sources, which must include course material AND additional research about the culture you choose to engage with).
The important consideration here is to combine research methods with involvement, not just as a bystander or observer, but engagement with a group of people from a cultural group different from your own. The project is intended to involve intercultural interaction and all the challenges this entails.
1.) Engagement: After selecting a cultural group, figure out some way to interact with people from that cultural group. This could involve spending time with a family from the culture. They may also take you to some event such as a wedding, a graduation party, or other ritual pertaining to the culture. Public events like festivals or fairs can be combined with interaction with individuals.
2.) Investigate the culture through discussion/interaction with people from the culture and through research.
3.) Analyze your intercultural experience by applying issues and concepts from class and reading. Write a 3 – 4page (double-spaced) analysis/reflection paper. These are guiding questions. You do not need to answer all of them. Use them to address what is appropriate for the group you learned about.
1. What stereotypes did you have about the culture? How have these changed?
2. How is the culture similar to and different from your own?
3. How has globalization impacted this group?
4. What can you learn about the values, norms, and behaviors of the culture?
5. How do course concepts apply?
6. What historical context surrounds the movement of this cultural group?
7. How does the personal history of the people you are meeting relate to the larger cultural/national history?
8. What is the political context surrounding the experiences of the people from the culture you are
9. How have race, white privilege or white identity impacted this group?
10. Are people from the culture here because of diasporic histories? How have colonial histories influenced this group?
11. How would you describe the cultural space you were exposed to or experienced? In what ways is it a hybrid, contested or segregated cultural space?
12. How is the cultural identity of the group tied to place? How is their avowed identity different from their ascribed identity?
13. What struggles/challenges have they had adapting to U.S. culture? Why?
14. How would you describe their migrant-host-home relationship?
15. Do they experience themselves as transmigrants?
16. How might the age, gender, and/or religion of the people from the group influence their experiences?
17. How have media representations impacted their experiences?
18. What challenges have they experienced in terms of intercultural relationships?
19. What did you learn about yourself from this experience?
20. What ICC skills and competencies did you use/develop?
21. In what ways did you engage in intercultural praxis?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.