The Internet relies on the domain name system (DNS) to translate a domain name to an IP address. This along with the structure and routing of IP packets rely on cooperation among independently managed network components.
Utilize the Walden University Library websites devoted to Internet security and computer emergency readiness, and other resources to locate an article describing a specific IP weakness or vulnerability. The article should be from a reliable source and no more than four years old. You might consider packet sniffing, denial of service attacks, spoofing, cache poisoning, or hijacking.
Post to this Discussion, a summary of the article in which you:
• Describe the vulnerability
• Explain how the IP and DNS structure allows that vulnerability
• Describe strategies for identifying that an attack has taken place exploiting that vulnerability
• Describe what reasonable steps might be taken to prevent this form of attack
• Chan, M. L., Holznagel, F., &Krantz, M. (2010). 20 things I learned about browsers and the web. Retrieved from http://www.20thingsilearned.com
o IP Address and DNS
o Evolving to a Faster Web
o Malware, Phishing, and Security Risks
o Using Web Addresses to Stay Safe
• Fiedler, K., Humeau, M., Maisuradze, S., & McNamee, J. (2012). How the Internet works. The EDRi Papers (3). Retrieved from http://www.edri.org/files/2012EDRiPapers/how_the_internet_works.pdf
o The IP Address
o The Domain Name System
o Deep Packet Inspection
• Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California. (1981). Transmission control protocol – DARPA Internet program protocol specification [Request for comments: TCP-793]. Retrieved from the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF®) website http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc793.txt
• Mockapetris, P. (1987). Domain names – concepts and facilities [Request for comments: DNS-1034]. Retrieved from the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF®) website http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1034.txt
• Mockapetris, P. (1987). Domain names – implementation and specification [Request for comments: DNS-1035]. Retrieved from the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF®) website http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1035.txt
• Postel, J. (1980). User datagram protocol [Request for comments: UDP-768]. Retrieved from the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF®) website https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc768.txt
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.