You work for a very progressive organization which likes to look after its employees. The WHS policy was only recently rewritten/reissued and states the company values the health and safety of its employees and will provide assistance to employees to enable them to improve their overall health because a healthy employee will be happy, remain injury free and be more productive in the workplace.
As a result of this new policy and looking after employee health you as safety advisor have decided to design and develop an EAP to stop smoking.
1. 1 To complete this task students will write a memo to their supervisor identifying the health issues which result from smoking and the impact on a workplace. You will link this to the above new policy and convince the supervisor to undertake this new project. You must outline methods you can use for this program particularly addressing secondary issues such as the problem of weight gain when people stop smoking due to inappropriate food substituted choices (constant snacking on sweets, lack of exercise)
2. Define who you would need to discuss the program with and what you might need to discuss consider health professionals, employees, canteen supervisors, union representatives, family members.
3. Create an action plan which identified responsibilities for actions, timelines, resources and evaluation. Identify key milestones and communication processes. Your program has been approved by the supervisor you now need to implement the strategy
4. You know that of the 50 employees who work for the company 18 of them smoke. How would you effectively promote and communicate this to your employees to obtain volunteers for your program?
5. You have had 10 of the smokers volunteer for the program. You need to document the EAP this will require you to answer the following in a 2-3 page document. You will need to use some of the information you gather above.
• A) What is the overall strategy for this particular EAP? To answer this you need to think through what you are trying to achieve. Stop smoking without weight gain or just stop smoking, what constitutes suggest with not smoking 3 months, 2 months 12 months? How are you going to support the volunteers new healthy vending machine options, exercise programs, stress relieve etc. when and where is the program run?
• B) Outline the Policy and Procedure for this EAP. This will come out of your strategy what is the company trying to achieve and what support is available, how will they support the program
• C) Who is involved in the program? Hint: this in not just the volunteers!
• D) What are the benefits/services to the volunteers/ other employees/supervisors?
• E) How would you effectively promote this particular program to your employees to obtain volunteers and coworker/supervisors who need to provide encouragement and support to the volunteers?
• F) How could you measure if the stop smoking program is running according to you strategy. What would you identify as milestones
• G) What methods will you use to evaluate the results at the end of the program? How can you say this program was a success? Nationally 7/10 people can successfully quit first time according to research
• H) You had 6 people successfully stop smoking for a 6 month period. Determine a communication method for all stakeholders
• I) What changes could be incorporated into this EAP if you were run the program again? What changes would be incorporated into the EAP process if you decided to run a different program
Action Plan (template for question 3)
Task to complete responsibility Date completed KPI
Diploma of Business – BSB50215
BSBLED502 – MANAGE PROGRAMS THAT PROMOTE PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS
ASSESSOR NAME: DATE:
Please CIRCLE the following:
I have assessed the student and found them to be Satisfactory for all listed criteria to industry standards
I have assessed the student and have marked Not Yet Satisfactory the criteria where competency has not been achieved. I have notified them of their result and they have signed confirming they have received their result and agree with the outcome.
This is my own, original work. I have received the result of this assessment and agree with the outcome and the trainer’s assessment. I understood the feedback
Only sign and date after the assessment has been graded
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Click order now, and enjoy an amazing discount.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.