Managing a Telecom Project
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a written project plan, and a Gantt chart that is created through the use of MS Project. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Due to your extensive ability and knowledge of project management, you have been promoted as a senior project manager for a national telecom organization. For this role, you will be responsible in managing the launch of a new telecom service that will attract new customers. This project will require:
• Updating cloud-based systems that interface with customers. This effort requires programmers to update databases and Web interfaces that will include new telecom service details.
• Performing billing configurations to financial information systems. This effort includes modifying the back-end programs that calculate billing and financial reports data and include new telecom service rates.
• Providing training on the new service for the company’s customer service staff. This effort includes developing an online training manual, conducting training for customer service staff, and updating an internal Website with a Frequently Asked Questions section for new telecom service.
Your job is to assist in the development of each described deliverable.
Your team is composed of three (3) Web-based developers, one (1) database manager, one (1) network specialist, two (2) technical trainers, and one (1) technical writer. They are devoted to operational management duties 30% of the time. One of the Web-based developers has recently joined the team and has minimal experience with configuring cloud-based systems.
The service product launch must be completed within six (6) months. Upper management is available to supply the necessary funding required to complete this project.
Section 1: Written Project Plan
Write a ten page paper in which you:
1. Select a project management framework / methodology that could be used to develop this project and ensure that project objectives are met. Provide the rationale for your selection.
2. Evaluate the possibility of using agile project management for any deliverables of the project.
3. Develop a WBS that meets the project scope. Provide details at the activity level for the efforts required to achieve each deliverable. Note: WBS must be in indented format as shown in Figure 5.5B in Chapter 5 of the text.
4. List all possible resources that would be required for completing this project. Assign resources to each activity. Describe each resource’s role and the level of experience each activity would require.
5. Utilize estimation techniques to generate estimates of costs, resources, and durations for each activity. Determine the constraints that must be observed and the basis for each estimate.
6. Determine the monitoring and control process that will be utilized for the project. Include discussion on how you would perform earned value analysis to provide details on project status. Determine the values that could be utilized to calculate planned costs, actual costs, and earned value.
7. Develop a quality management plan that will minimize defects for project deliverables. Determine the frequency and metrics that will be utilized for inspections.
8. Determine the techniques that could be used to enumerate the various risks that may exist within the project. Recommend risk management practices that will mitigate ongoing risks throughout the project.
9. Use at least six (6) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Section 2: Gantt Chart
Use Microsoft project to create a Gantt chart in which you:
1. Record the data generated from the estimation process.
2. Describe your assumptions and declare the dependencies for the logical succession of each activity.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Discuss the challenges of leading software projects.
• Compare and contrast the frameworks, standards, and guidelines for managing software projects.
• Explain the use of process frameworks for developing technology-based systems.
• Compare and contrast the frameworks, standards, and guidelines for software development process models.
• Describe requirements engineering and scope management techniques.
• Explain the planning process for software projects.
• Develop a software project plan based on IEEE 1058 to solve a business problem.
• Compare the planning techniques in software projects.
• Explain and prepare project estimation plans.
• Explain the methods of creating, measuring, and controlling work products and work processes.
• Explain and analyze earned value reporting techniques in software projects.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT Project Leadership Strategies.
• Write clearly and concisely about topics related to IT Project Leadership Strategies using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.