Managing the Professional Practice
Is it better to offer one professional service in terms of discipline or an interdisciplinary service? Discuss.
Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the two strategic options.
Assume you are assessing these options for a current SME (small and medium enterprise) professional practice that is operating in a single discipline of your choice.
Present your analysis in the form of a Report to the founders and senior management team.
• Support your Report with references.
• Apply enterprise or business reasoning throughout.
• Use academic analytical justification where necessary from the literature.
• This should not be extensive but should be based on a thorough understanding of the theoretical and conceptual issues.
Structure of this term paper
• Analysis what is one discipline professional services and what is an interdisciplinary professional services
• The advantages and disadvantages of one discipline professional services
• The advantages and disadvantages of one interdisciplinary professional services
• Critical analyse and compare the two options benefits and weakness; at the same time, analyse the two different professional services should be better applied
in what size of firms
• And then focus on talking about the influences of these two options on the SME firms.
• Explain why SME firm needs professional management
• The benefits reflected in which aspects to apply professional management in SME companies.
• After analysis the benefits and weakness of the above two options, you choose the better one professional management services to apply in SME firm and also
give some business resons.
• Analyse the benefits and changes for SME company if apply one of the professional services
• What the business benefits and further development bring to the SME firm apply the professional services you chosen before.
• The benefits for clients and founders apply the professional management
• Summary why the professional services you choose is suit for SME firm. It should be talk about from employers, market competitive, build environment.
Besides, the introduction and conclusion should be around 300 words. The conclusion can exceed 300 words and should make further and deeper understand of this topic.
This term paper should be focus on these aspects
1. To focus on the professional firm
2. To develop operational understanding of the market position of firms
3. To understand the human asset base of the professional firm now and in the future
4. Address issues of size and competitiveness of professional firms in and constrained by the market over time
5. Apply the concepts and theories for establishing market position in developing the management capacity of the firm in its particular markets
6. To apply management principles to professional consultancies in practice
7. Understood and interpreted the importance of expertise and human capital to the effectiveness and competitive position
Ainamo, A. (2007) Coordination Mechanisms in Cross-functional Teams: a product design perspective, Journal of Marketing Management, 23, 9, pp. 841-860.
Beckman, S. L. and Barry, M. (2007) Innovation as a learning process: embedding design thinking, California Management Review, 50, 1, 25-56.
Bröchner, J., Rosander, S. and Waara, F. (2004) Cross-border Post-acquisition Knowledge Transfer among Construction Consultants, Construction Management and Economics,
22, pp. 421-427.
Connaughton, J. and Meikle, J. (2013) The changing nature of UK construction professional service firms, Building Research & Information, 41, 1, 95-109.
Davison, B. (2003) Management span of control: how wide is too wide, Journal of Business Strategy, 24, 22-29.
Empson, L. (2000) Merging Professional Service Firms, Business Strategy Review, 11, (2), pp. 39-46.
Fellows, R. Liu, A., and Fong, C. M. (2003) Leadership Styles and Power Relations in Quantity Surveying in Hong Kong, Construction Management and Economics, 21, pp.
Javalgi, R. G., Griffith, D. A. and White, D. S. (2003) An Empirical Examination of Factors Influencing the Internationalization of Service Firms, The Journal of
Services Marketing, 17, 3, pp. 185-201.
Kreitl, G., Urschitz, G. and Oberidorfor, W. J. (2002) Corporate Growth of Engineering Consulting Firms: A European Review, Construction Management and Economics, 20,
Liu, A. M. M., Fellows, R. and Ng, J. (2004) Surveyors’ Perspectives on Ethics in Organisational Culture, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 11,
(6), pp. 438–449.
Neal, M. and Morgan, J. (2000) The Professionalization of Everyone? A Comparative Study of the Development of the Professions in the United Kingdom and Germany,
European Sociological Review, 16, 1, pp. 9-26.
Palmer, A. and O’Neill, M. (2003) The Effects of Perceptual Processes on the Measurement of Service Quality, The Journal of Services Marketing, 17, 3, pp. 254-274
Pheng, L. S. and Garcia, T. S. L. (2002) Relationship marketing: a survey of QS firms in Singapore, Construction Management and Economics, 20, pp. 707–721.
Skaates, M. A., Tikkanen, H. and Alajoutsijärvi, K. (2003) The International Marketing of Professional Service Projects: to what extent does territoriality matter? The
Journal of Services Marketing, 17, 1, pp. 83-97.
Smyth, H. J. and Kioussi, S. (2011) Architecture Firms and the Role of Brand Management, Architectural Engineering and Design Management, 7, 3, pp. 205-217.
Tang, S. L., Ming Lu and Chan, Y. L. (2003) Achieving Client Satisfaction for Engineering Consulting Firms, Journal of Management in Engineering, 19, 4, pp.166-172.
Wang, X. and Armstrong, A. (2004) An Empirical Study of PM Professionals’ Commitment to their Profession and Employing Organizations, International Journal of Project
Management, 22, pp. 377-386.
Weick, K. (2003) Organizational Design and the Gehry Experience, Journal of Management Inquiry, 12, pp. 93-97.
Winch, G. (2008) Internationalisation strategies in business-to-business services: the case of architectural practice, The Services Industries Journal, 28, 1, pp.1-13.
Winch, G. and Schneider, E. (1993) The Strategic Practice of Architectural Practice, Construction Economics and Management, 1. pp. 467-473.
Coxe et al (1987) Success Strategies for Design Professionals, McGraw Hill, New York.
Dawson, R. (2000) Developing Knowledge-Based Client Relationships: the future of professional services, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford.
Dunn, P. and Baker, R. (2003) The Firm of the Future: A Guide for Accountants, Lawyers, and Other Professional Services, Wiley, Hoboken.
Gray, C. and Hughes, W. (2001) Building Design Management, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford.
Iloniemi, L. (2004) Is It All about Image? How PR Works in Architecture, John Wiley and Sons, Bognor Regis.
Maister, D. H. (1993) Managing The Professional Service Firm, Free Press, New York.
Maister, D. H. (2000) True Professionalism: The Courage to Care About Your People, Your Clients, and Your Career, Touchstone Books.
McKenna, P. J. and Maister, D. H. (2002) First Among Equals: How to Manage a Group of Professionals, Free Press, New York.
Potts, K. (2008) Change in the quantity surveying profession: Heathrow Terminal 5 case study, Collaborative Relationships in Construction: developing frameworks and
networks, Smyth, H. J. and Pryke, S. D. (eds.), Wiley-Blackwell, London.
Schön, D. A. (1983) The Reflective Practitioner: How Professionals Think in Action, Basic Books.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.