Mapping for Engineering Surveying and GIS Practical
Aims and Objectives
To design experiments and undertake a comparison of results and products; a. Aerial triangulation assessment of limitations and benefits of airborne GPS and a comparison of camera calibration models. b. Comparison of 3D vector data collection using Stereo Analyst and ArcGIS with 3D vector data collection using the ortho-image. c. Comparison of digital surface models (DSMs) produced by photogrammetry with airborne laser scanning (Lidar). d. Comparison of building modelling techniques produced by close range photogrammetry with mobile laser scanning. (3 weeks)
Poster (40%) (Typically this should include; design of the experiments, how the experiment was performed (methodology), the results and their evaluation, critical review of methods, any other comments). The poster should be a PowerPoint (digital) poster (A0 size – 1189x841mm landscape).
Do not try and overload the poster with text or images, remember a poster should be read from about 2-3m away so small text and diagrams should be avoided. You might like to look at the specification given to presenters at international conferences, this is an example from the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing; http://www.isprs.org/documents/orangebook/app6.aspx .
Methodology and equipment
• ERDAS Imagine & Leica Photogrammetry Suite to be used for Aerial Triangulation, DSM extraction and Orthophoto production
• ERDAS Imagine and Stereo Analyst to be used for vector data collection from stereo pair of aerial images • ArcGIS to be used for the collection of vector data from Orthophoto
• For objective a, b and c the same project area and date as provided in Project 1
• For objective a appendix B gives some suggestions.
• For objective b give some thought about the parameters you should use in the comparison. These should be the important characteristics e.g. speed of data collection, correctness of position…
• For objective c the airborne laser scanning data will be provided. o Give thought to the resolution of the data (spacing of points) and the measurement quality of the data. You will have to consult manufacturers and/or published documents to find the quality of Lidar data.
• For objective d consider the following tasks: o A DSM from mobile laser scanning will be provided.
To create the 3D computer model of the building using close-range photogrammetry you will need to collect digital camera images of the façades of the building and use Photomodeller to create the model.
1. A digital SLR camera (or your own) will be used to collect a series of photographs around the Exchange building, Jubilee Campus. The camera calibration process within Photomodeller will be discussed.
2. The processing of the images using Photomodeller can then be undertaken. A separate hand out will be provided to guide you through this process.
Documentation and tutorials
• An Introduction to 3D Building with stereo analyst.doc
• An Introduction to 3D modelling with Photomodeler.doc
• Introduction to 3D Modelling from Laser Scanning data with Geomagic Studio
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.