Module 5 – Case/Health Care Practices & Health-Care Practitioners .
Background: In this module we will utilize information from all of the modules to illustrate an understanding of the material within this course.
While submitting your paperwork for tuition reimbursement at your place of employment, your supervisor asks which course you have just finished. You proudly tell him
or her that you just received an “A” in “Cross-Cultural Studies”. Your supervisor informs you that you will have an opportunity to share what you have learned in this
course with others! Specifically, you are asked to prepare a presentation for a group of healthcare professionals (physicians, nurses and therapists) on strategies
that they can use to integrate principles of cultural competence into their everyday practices. You are asked to prepare a power point presentation (5 to 10 slides)
INCLUDING speakers notes (you will be penalized if your speaker notes are not included). In order to help you meet the requirements, your presentation should include:
1. Discussion as to “why” cultural competence is important in health care (1 to 2 slides).
o Barriers to Communication
o Patient Centered Care
2. Potential negative outcomes that could be associated with lack of cultural competence on the part of the health care provider (1 to 2 slides)
3. Methods that can be used to assess a client’s cultural beliefs (1 to 2 slides)
4. Strategies that the health care professionals can use to enhance cross-cultural competence (1 to 2 slides).
o Cultural Immersion
5. Sources of information where the members of the group can go to learn about members of different cultures (1 to 2 slides) [HINT: We had a really good
discussion about this topic a few weeks ago!]
6. PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE A REFERENCE LIST AT THE END IN A CONCLUDING SLIDE.
What are speaker notes?
As you recall, the PowerPoint slides should only give your audience some “key” points about the topic. You should not try to “cram” your slides full of information.
Speaker notes can help the presenter remember everything that he or she wants to say about a particular slide.
How do I make speaker notes?
Follow these simple steps to add speaker notes to your PowerPoint presentation:
1. Open your PowerPoint presentation
2. Go to the “View” menu and select the “Notes” page.
3. The notes page will be small, so you will have to go to the “View” menu again and select “Zoom” in order to make them bigger. Select the percentage of zoom
that you want (the higher the percentage, the larger the page will become).
4. Click inside the notes page and begin typing your speaker notes.
5. Continue doing this on each slide until your speaker notes are written.
6. Once you have finished writing your speaker notes, save your presentation & it is ready to be graded!
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?