Financial Derivatives Coursework
Instructions to students
You will need to prepare a review article on the Credit derivatives markets from theoretical pricing and applications perspectives.
Your report will be organized to meet the following sub-objectives:
a) Historical developments in single name CDS products and their value in managing credit risk . (15 marks)
b) Methodology to effectively price a single name CDS, with an application on a single name issuer. (30 marks)
c) Critical review of research and methodologies used in examining factor risks and their associated spill-over impacts on CDS prices. (30 marks)
d) Review of latest developments in Emerging market Credit derivatives, together with selected reviews of applications in credit risk management. (15 marks)
The rest of the marks (10 marks) will be awarded for presentation and communication skills.
• Answer all questions adopting a professional approach to this work. Present your review in a report format.
• Your report should be produced in Word. Excel spreadsheets should be used for all calculations where necessary.
• Any relevant information related to the application of a particular derivative product should include fully referenced paragraphs of any related work done by other authors (ie in journal articles and specialist textbooks etc), description of the derivative products and mechanics of how the security will achieve a desired result in a structured finance application.
• Your analysis should demonstrate an understanding of the underlying theory, its assumptions and limitations in an applied context.
• Detailed coverage of both the theory and practice of CDS financial derivative products is required. You will also be judged on your ability to make sound business and quantitative financial decisions.
• The report produced must be accurate, well presented and referenced. You need to demonstrate wide reading and coverage of the subject area being examined.
for mortgage backed securities:
Discuss the MBS market in the US
Your report should not exceed 2500 words.
Cover page – Appropriate page format for report
Executive Summary – Should summarize the aims and key findings (5 marks)
Contents Page – Sections and page numbers
Introduction – 1 page introduction to topic (5 marks)
Literature Review – 2 pages summary of journal papers (20 marks)
Applications/Discussion – Can include general discussion on them or case study (60 marks)
Conclusions – ½ page conclusion of paper (5 marks)
References – (5 marks)
Appendices – if needed
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!