Netflix in 2012 (Case in eBook) – Case Analysis Questions Part Two
Type your answers. Put your name on your assignment. Submit to BlackBoard by due date.
Read chapter 3 on external analysis before completing this assignment. You only need to use the information contained in the case in the textbook; you do not need to do outside or updated research.
1. Look at exhibit 2. Make one graph like the one below (or another effective style) for Netflix showing for each of the years 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011:
a. $ Revenue (also called Sales)
b. $ Net Income/Net Loss (also called Profit or Loss)
c. Net Profit Margin % (Net Income divided by Revenue x 100. This measures how many cents they keep in profit for every dollar they collect in revenue)
* Be certain you tell us if your numbers are in dollars or Euros in thousands or millions or billions or what?
2. Think about your answer to questions from Part One of these case questions about the driving forces, KSFs and the Movie Rental Industry of the future and Netflix’s current strategy. Looking at the movie rental industry moving forward towards the future, does Netflix need a new strategy or can they modify what they are doing? Explain.
3. What are some specific things that Netflix should do differently to continue to compete successfully and earn profits in the “new” movie rental industry of today and the future?
4. If management agrees with your ideas described in question #3, what would be the top 4-5 action steps to implement your recommended plans and turn them into reality? Be clear on what you mean.
5. Prepare a 200-300 word message that you could leave on a voicemail to Netflix top management:
“Dear Netflix Management, I have evaluated your company and situation, and I would like meet with you to give you a summary of my ideas on how you can keep your company competitive in the future: Here is a summary of my recommendations:
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.