Unit Assessed: ?Unit 6 Nutrition for Sports Assignment: ?Assignment 1: Calorific value, energy balance and micronutrient requirements of athletes.
In your write up of tasks appropriately apply your responses to at least one endurance, one power athlete. Provide details of the sport, level and experience of each athlete/performer. In task 7 comment only on the athletic group examples provided.
To achieve a Pass level in this assessment the following must be included:
1. Discuss the structure and function of carbohydrates (CHO), fats and proteins including calorific values and recommended daily allowances. P1.1,
2. In addition discuss the CHO and fat metabolism pathways. Apply to sports performer examples.P1.1, P1.2.
3. Explain methods of calorie intake and expenditure assessment to determine energy balance. P1.2.
4. Discuss the relative proportion of substrates (Foodstuff/Nutrition) used for energy production using methods of indirect calorimetry. P1.3, P1.4.
5. Discuss the functions, dietary sources and recommended daily allowance (RDA) of water soluble, fat soluble and antioxidant vitamins,P2.1
6. Discuss the functions, dietary sources and recommended daily allowance (RDA) of the micronutrients for Sport and Exercise participants.. P2.2.
7. Discuss the symptoms and implications of micronutrient deficiency referring to certain athletic groups P2.3
To achieve a Merit level in this assessment the following must be included:
1. Explain the O2 consumption and CO2 product/metabolic rate), analysing the assumptions and limitations of these methods. Apply to sports performer examples.
2. Use relevant theory to justify work
To achieve a Distinction level in this assessment the following must be included:
1. Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions specifically for calorimetry and the role and function of macro and micro nutrients in sport
Books: ?Bean, A. (2000). The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition. A & C Black)
Ewin, J. (1995). The Fats We Need to Eat. Harper Collins.
Frank, D. (1997). Sports Training Principles – Sport, Nutrition and Fitness. A & C Black.
Leonard, M. (2000). Thorsons Complete Guide to Vitamins and Minerals. Harper Collins.
Manmore, M and Thompson, J. (2000). Sport Nutrition for Health and Performance. Human Kinetics.
Tortora, G and Grabowski, S (1996) Principles of Anatomy and physiology, HarperCollins College
?Wardlaw and Smith. (2006). Contemporary Nutrition – Issues and Insights. McGraw Hill.
Webb, G. (1995). Nutrition – A Health Promotion Approach. Hodder Arnold.
Williams, D (1996) Exercise Physiology, Lippincourt, Williams & Wilkins
?Wilmore and Costill (1999) Physiology of Sport and Exercise 2nd edition, Human Kinetics
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.