Personal and Professional Development Unit Number: 12
Assessor’s comment on final submission
Assignment approved for use in academic year 20010/11
The criteria below are available in this assignment. Assessor initials in this grid indicate which criteria have been awarded
Criterion Initials Criterion Initials Criterion Initials
UNIT P1 M1 D1
P2 M2 D2
P3 M3 D3
P4 M4 D4
Assignment writer to edit grid to match criteria covered in this assignment
Assessor Name: Hugh Hamshaw Thomas
Internal Verifier: Date IV’d:
Date of Issue: 13/01/15 Submission is: ON TIME / LATE
Grading Criteria to be covered in this assignment are set out below:
UNIT: Title: Achieved
(Y/N) Assessor’s feedback:
Actions you must take to meet assignment criteria
P1 Understand how self-managed learning can enhance lifelong development
P2 Be able to take responsibility for own personal and professional development
P3 Be able to implement and continually review own personal and professional development
P4 Be able to demonstrate acquired interpersonal and transferable skills.
M1 Identify and apply strategies to find appropriate solutions
M2 Select/design and apply appropriate methods/techniques
M3 Present and communicate appropriate findings
D1 Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions
D2 Take responsibility for managing and organising activities
D3 Demonstrate convergent/lateral/ creative thinking
Weeks and related Grading Criteria:
(Include format of evidence to be produced)
Unit 12 P1
Task 1 Understand how self-managed learning can enhance lifelong development
Make a series of mind maps
Consider the following points:
• How do you self-managed your work
• How do you set goals
• How do you map out your achievements as a time scale
• How do you best reflect on your work
• How best do you learn; through research; learning from others eg mentoring/coaching, going to lectures (at galleries /college) , interviews, use of the internet, social networks etc.
• How best do you evaluate your work
Date Due: Half term
Unit: 12 P1 P2
Task 2 Be able to take responsibility for own personal and professional development
• Write a 400 word self-appraisal: What strategies do you use to audit your personal and professional progress in your art practice? Here you could construct a personal profile using appropriate self-assessment tools. You will need to evaluating self-management; personal and interpersonal skills and possible leadership skills
• Make yourself a development plan: consider your current performance; future needs; opportunities and threats to career progression; aims and objectives
• Make a action plan
Date due: Half term
Unit: 12 P1 P2 P3 P4
M1 M2 M4
D1 D2 D$
Write a (min) 300 word proposal for your FMP
Date dues: after half term 1st draft
Update your existing Work
• Continue to build your portfolio (E-portfolio & physical one)
• Update your CV
Date Due: On-going
Unit: 12 P1 P2 P3 P4
M1 M2 M3 M4
D1 D2 D3 D4
Show evidence that you are continually reviewing your own personal and professional development plan. This can be by adding regular dated attachments plan.
• Reflect on your learning styles and strategies, what works best for you? What is your own personal style? What is the impact of personal style and interactions with others
• Consider how you best learn from others: is it formal learning and training; observation; mentoring; supervision; tutorials; informal networks; team members; line managers; other professionals
• Evaluation of progress , demonstrate you have set yourself aims and objectives and set targets, also show that you reset those targets regularly.
• Add any feedback forms you receive, show your response to feedback , recognising strengths and weaknesses and consider your directions for change.
Date Due: End of Spring Term
CONFIRM FINAL DRAFT OF FMP BY END OF SPRING TERM
Unit: 12 P1 P2 P3 P4
M1 M2 M3 M4
D1 D2 D3 D4
Add a 300 word (min) section on “Transferable Skills” You need to discuss your aquired interpersonal and transferable skills that could be used in the workplace. Either in showing your work or in a Arts related job role.
• How professional are you in the work-place? Consider how you use initiative; discuss your self-discipline, reliability and problem solving abilities.
• What is your verbal and non-verbal communication like in the work-place? Are you an effective communicator?
• How are your negotiation skills? Presentation skills? Are you assertive? Tall work-places would require a certain level of IT skills now – how is your use of ICT?
• Are you a good Team player? Are you flexible and can adapt to change?
• What is your time management like? Can you prioritise your workload and set work objectives.
Date Due: Beginning of Summer term
Write a 500 word conclusion to this unit, check your work against the criteria to see you have covered all aspects of unit.
Date Due: End of Summer term
Sources of information:
Books: artistcareerguide.com – A comprehensive handbook that provides the information, tools, and techniques, for developing and sustaining a successful art career.
The Successful Artist’s Career Guide: Finding Your Way in the Business of Art by Margaret Peot
Websites: www.artquest.org.uk Training and skills
www.prevista.co.uk/individuals/start-a-business/. Arts Enterprise South London is a development programme for emerging artists …
www.managedartwork.com professional artists website managed by you the artist
Are You ready to hand in your work?
EFORE you hand in your assignment, tick off the items in this check-list to make sure you have everything you need
Task No Evidence required Tick here (?)
VISUAL MIND-MAP – min 3 different mind maps
Proposal for FMP
Personal & professional Development Plan
Section on Transferrablr skills
Update E-Portfolio & Physiacl portfolio
Evaluation of Unit
Learner feedback on this assignment
If you have any comments for your assessor about this assignment – please use this space
Learner Signature: Date:
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.