Scenario for assessment:
At a recent GP visit it was suggested that Bronwyn, should have Amy, her 11 month old baby, immunized against Measles, Mumps and Rubella very soon. Bronwyn, who has
worked as a health care professional, primarily in Aged Care, is aware that there is quite a bit of community debate about whether to immunize or not. She is afraid of
doing anything that could harm Amy and she has heard a lot about the side-effects of immunisation, such as Autism, in the media. However, she is not really sure about
the benefits and risks of immunisation and she has also heard that there has recently been an increase in children developing Measles. She wants to do what is best for
Amy and so she decides she needs to know more about this issue before she makes a final decision.
Assessment Task 2: Written Assignment – Develop a PICO question and acquire the best available evidence. (800 words) – 20%
Description: For this assignment you will be required to use the PICO (Population, Intervention, Comparator, Outcome) model as a framework to develop a question that
can be answered by using the skills for inquiry. You will develop your PICO question based on a scenario in the assessment folder on LEO
1. From the scenarios provided, choose one as a basis for your inquiry.
2. Read the scenario carefully and identify an issue that you would like to explore in more detail.
3. Using the PICO principles formulate an answerable question to address the issue identified in step two.
4. Describe the process you used for developing the PICO question, paying particular attention to identifying each PICO element and the choice of key words
5. Search for evidence to answer the PICO question developed in step two.
6. Describe the search process and strategy you used to find this evidence
7. List 5 pieces of evidence you have secured via the search strategy described in step 5 using APA referencing. [does not count towards word count]
8. Justify why they are the best sources of evidence to address your PICO question.
9. Students are strongly advised to use the Marking Guide and detailed instructions in the assignment folder on LEO, as a guide when writing the essay.
Due date: Week 6: 23:59hrs Sunday 5/4/2015
Length and/or format: 800 words
Purpose: This assignment is the first part of a two part process to assess your understanding of Evidence-Based Practice principles. By undertaking this assessment
task you will demonstrate your capacity to develop a PICO question and use it to search for evidence related to an observed professional issue. The information
gathered in this assessment task will be used in Assessment Task 3.
Learning outcomes assessed: 2, 4, 5 and 6.
How to submit: Submission is via the Turnitin Drop Box on the electronic learning system
Return of assignment: Assignments along with comments will be returned via the Turnitin Drop Box on the electronic learning system not more than three weeks after the
final submission date.
Assessment criteria: This activity requires students to demonstrate an appreciation for the principles of developing an answerable question and an understanding of how
to gather evidence to answer the question.
• Present the assignment as a scholarly/academic essay with an introduction, body and conclusion.
– The introduction should present the overall topic and purpose of the essay, how you will address it, and why it is important to be able to assess a research study.
– The body will follow the research process set out in the article and will include all aspects of your appraisal and critique.
– The conclusion should be a brief overview of the main points you have made in the body. No new information should be included.
• During your appraisal:
– consider both the strengths and weaknesses of the article, and
– discuss how the recommendations from the article could be used in evidence-based clinical practice (EBP)
• Students are strongly advised to use the Marking Guide and detailed instruction in LEO as a guide when writing the essay.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.