• Interview a client who is prescribed multiple medications and at risk for polypharmacy.
• Demonstrate ability to critically think in relation to medication, prescription and over-the-counter meds.
• Examine medication adherence with your selected patient
• Analyze prescription drug use, diagnoses and healthcare utilization for the selected patient.
• Implement an individualized client teaching session based on identified needs.
• Complete a paper summarizing this process and the evaluation of this patient teaching experience. Paper should be 1250-2000 words (approximately 5-8 pages) in length
but is not to exceed 2000 words excluding title and reference pages. APA 6th with minimum 5 references.
This assignment has several steps
1. elder in the community setting or a patient in clinical setting who is prescribed at least 4 prescription medications.
2. Complete and interview with this patient as outlined below.
3. Develop a teaching plan based on your findings that you will implement with your patient.
4. Arrange for a second visit in which you will implement your teaching plan focused on preventing complications of polypharmacy.
5. Write a paper detailing and analyzing this full process. This is to include each of the elements as described below.
• Write an introduction: Define the term polypharmacy. How does this individual you selected demonstrate issues of polypharmacy?
• Provide patient historical information: In a narrative provide a brief presentation of the individual’s history
It should include
o Demographic information (age, family constellation, living arrangements)
o Does culture influence decision-making regarding medication usage?
o List PMH, diagnoses and HPI.
o How much does each prescription cost on a monthly basis?
o Does he/she participate in a federally sponsored pharmacy program? If so, how did they make the decision about the appropriate pharmacy program?
• Discuss each prescription and OTC drug(s), listing – name(s), dosage, route, timing and purpose. Describe the pharmacodynamics of each medication listed. This should
be presented as a narrative discussion within the paper. All resources must have appropriate citation given.
o What major drug classifications are included in this drug regimen?
o What therapeutic effect is expected form the medications, prescribed and OTC or herbal?
o What side effects can you expect from these medications?
o What potential drug interactions could result from this medication regimen?
o Are there any concerns that reflect the physiologic changes associated with the individual’s aging process?
o What healthcare provider actions are indicated regarding these medications at this time? If none are indicated at this time, what potential actions may be indicated
for these medications whit this particular individual?
o How are meds prepared? Where are they stored? What pharmacy does he/she use, mail order or for local for pick-up?
• Summarize your concerns and teaching points which could help prevent the complications of polypharmacy.
• Create a plan for follow-up teaching and review of meds.
o Identify what is necessary with this person regarding issues of polypharmacy.
o Develop an individualized teaching plan which addresses identified concerns and helps to prevent complications of polypharmacy.
Plan should address barriers to learning and include specific content and methodology (pictures, demonstrations, etc.) and measurable outcomes/goals (the client will
discuss, list, demonstrate, etc.)
• Evaluate the teaching session.
o Include a summary of the follow-up visit to this client. The summary should include the content of the teaching session highlighting the approach to barriers to
learning, your teaching methodology and an evaluation of the client’s learning.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.