1. (TCO F) What is the primary purpose of the statement of cash flows? (Points : 5)
a) Show the company’s ability to meet its obligations, pay dividends, and any needs for financing.
b) Show the company’s cash flow prospects.
c) Show the cash payments and cash receipts for the period.
d) Show the operating, financing, and investing activities for the period.
2. (TCO F) Which of the following is not true? (Points : 5)
a) Companies classify some cash transactions relating to investing or financing activities as operating activities.
b) Net income is not usually the same as net cash flow from operating activities under the accrual basis of accounting.
c) The FASB encourages the use of the indirect method over the direct method for the statement of cash flows.
d) Companies report cash flows from purchases and sales of securities as operating activities.
3. (TCO F) Glitter Girl, Inc. recognized net income of $205,000 including $60,000 in depreciation expense.
Additional changes from the balance sheet are as follows.
Accounts Receivable $2,000 decrease
Prepaid Expenses $15,500 decrease
Inventory $36,000 increase
Accrued Liabilities $10,000 decrease
Accounts Payable $40,000 increase
Compute the net cash from operating activities based on the above information. (Points : 5)
4. (TCO F) Pig Builder’s, Inc. shows the following as of December 31, 2012.
– Acquired 50% of Wolf Corp’s common stock for $160,000 cash, which was borrowed from Granny’s Bank.
– Issued 5,000 shares of its preferred stock for land having a fair value of $320,000
– Issued 500 of its 11% debenture bonds, due 2017, for $392,000 cash
– Paid $120,000 toward bank loan.
– Purchased a patent for $220,000 cash
– Sold available for sales securities for $796,000
– Recognized $88,000 net increase in returnable long term customer deposits
Pig’s net cash provided by investing activities for 2012 is (Points : 5)
5. (TCO F) Dasher Builder’s, Inc. shows the following as of December 31, 2012.
– Sold available for sales securities for $650,000
– Acquired 50% of Elven Corp’s common stock for $310000 cash which was borrowed from Peppermint’s Bank.
– Issued 2,000 shares of its preferred stock for land having a fair value of $50,000
– Purchased a patent for $170,000 cash
– Issued 1,000 of its 12% debenture bonds, due 2017, for $225,000 cash
– Paid $130,000 toward bank loan.
– Recognized $79,000 net increase in returnable long term customer deposits
Dasher’s net cash provided by financing activities for 2012 is (Points : 5)
6. (TCO F)
Cash flows from operating activities (indirect and direct methods).
Presented below is the income statement of Smiling Tiger, Inc.
Cost of goods sold 109,000
Gross profit $141,000
Operating expenses 85,000
Income before income taxes 56,000
Income taxes 22,400
Net income $33,600
In addition, the following information related to net changes in working capital is presented.
Accounts receivable 2,400
Salaries payable (operating expenses) 12,000
Accounts payable 15,000
Income taxes payable 1,400
Depreciation expense for the year was $14,700
Deferred tax liability account increased $1,800
Prepare a schedule computing the net cash flow from operating activities that would be shown on a statement of cash flows:
(a) using the indirect method
(b) using the direct method. (Points : 15)
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.