Assessment #1 – Essay (Graded)
Evaluating Risk Individual Report 1000 words plus matrix — 30% of grade. Due Week 5
Work place: McDonald’s (24 hours)
Adds: West Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000 Australia
Working in cashier desk
This McDonald’s in the city west, which is near by a petrol station, the University of South Australia and a place for playing pool. Walking about 10minis, there are many bar in this street (named Hindley Street), which is very busy in every weekend night.
This assignment has you explore sources of risk in a given defined work space. You need to follow the following structure for your report. Use the sub-headings (the words in bold type and underlined) as the sub-headings in your assignment.
1. Introduction. Define a workspace of no more than 1 X 1.5 metres (roughly a one person workstation/desk). This will be the Local area for LAER purposes and is the “focus” of your risk evaluation. Outline the reason for the risk evaluation, the focus, and any document details (constraints/warnings – for example, note who wrote the report, when the report and information was gathered, any sources of that information; insert any disclaimers).
2. Description. Briefly describe the physical relationship of the location in terms of A, E, R perspectives. Describe the physical aspects of the Local area in detail.
For Your Information: One seventh of the marks cover Introduction and Description.
3. Assessment. Present a basic risk catalogue matrix for the defined workspace, using the Local, Adjacent, External, Remote, and Place, People, Product, Process classifications (covered in Weeks 1 through to 3, found in the Study Guide, and further explained in the early Briefing Updates). Use this catalogue/matrix to present Assessment and Evaluation information. Remember the identified risk source elements need to be clearly and fully defined in a Risk Source Statement.
You must provide an accompanying summary of the Risk Source Statements found in this matrix in the text of the report.
For Your Information: One seventh of the marks cover Assessment.
4. Evaluation. In the Matrix (in the Assessment section) enter the Combined Scores (CS) and the individual Impact and Frequency scores for each Risk Source Statement from the 5 point frequency and 5 point impact scales. The scales for Frequency and Impact need to be fully defined immediately before/above the Matrix.
Briefly show the arguments for using the Combined Score approach for identifying relative level of priority for Risk Source statements (and note what may be good and bad about this). The Combined Score (and attached Risk Source Statements) must be summarised in the text of the report.
For Your Information: Two sevenths of the marks cover Evaluation.
5. Priority. List the highest combined score Risk Source (or sources with the same highest Combined Score value). Select and state the highest priority (or one of the highest priority sources) and very briefly consider how easily this may be managed in terms of costs in money and work-time lost in “fixing” the source of risk.
List any risk source statement (or statements) that indicate a need for crisis or continuity or contingency planning and explain the reasoning for this selection in terms of the assessment and evaluation data and processes.
For Your Information: Two sevenths of the marks cover Priority.
Academic style and argument, independence of material, and fluency of report will be considered. For Your Information: One seventh of the marks cover academic style and argument and how well you follow and put together the report requirements. Two percent is automatically given to balance mark depreciation across the sections of marking.
Warning: Those undertaking Assessment 1 are not expected to breach any conditions of confidentiality in any workplace or site used for this Assessment. There is no requirement to interview stakeholders at any site used as the basis for the Entry Scan. The facilitator and University of South Australia are in no respects party to, or accountable and responsible for, any work conducted by the student in the conduct and delivery of this Entry Scan report.
Scope: This assignment assesses your individual application of a simple risk assessment and evaluation task. As such, this assignment includes graduate qualities of body of knowledge, effective problem solving, working autonomously, and effective communication. Length and Presentation: The notional length is 1000 words – of text, not counting relevant Tables and Appendices. Do note that this is an applied assignment wherein sources for approaches, theory and data about the setting need to be clearly cited. Succinct formal writing style is mandatory, as is a font/print size of no less than 14 and 1.5 line spacing.
Assignment is to be collected in class on the 5th week.
Individual feedback sheets with grade will be returned within approximately 14 to 21 days of the due date with the assignment in class.
The standards by which the assignment will be assessed are:
The criteria applicable to assignment of grades.
Succinct and balanced writing demonstrating clear logical connection, appropriate critical insight into the advantages and disadvantages entailed in the evaluation, and the depictive ability to design, undertake, and deduce management conclusions from the evaluation.
The points outlined in each of the assignment sections outlined above.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.