Software Estimation Methods Information
http://libguides.tamusa.tamus.edu/cis login here
One of the key sources of schedule risk is estimating. For further insight into methods used to estimate software development duration, we will take a look at the following article:
Temnenco, Vitalie (2007), “Software Estimation, Enterprise-Wide, Part I: Reasons and Means”, www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/jun07/temnenco/index.html
Your assignment is to:
• read the article
• answer the questions listed below
• submit your answers through the assignment in Blackboard.
1. What is the difference between top-down and bottom-up estimating? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
2. What is meant by “experience-based” estimating techniques? Give a brief description of each of the experience-based techniques described in the article. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
3. How do learning-oriented techniques differ from experience-oriented techniques? Give a brief description of each of the learning-oriented techniques described in the article. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
4. What do the following acronyms refer to: COCOMO, MMOE, TODSI, SLOC, SLIM, FC?
5. Briefly describe the algorithmic methods described by the author. How does COCOMO 2.0 differ from COCOMO?
6. What are function points? How is function count derived? What methods of function point analysis-based estimating are described by the author?
7. Briefly describe the emerging techniques outlined in the article.
8. How do the author’s final comments in the Conclusion section relate to the issue of identifying schedule-related risk?
Find a research article through the library or scholarly database focusing on Risk Management Time or Scheduling. Include the following parts to the research.
Introduction, thesis statement, overview, purpose
Background, discuss history of topic
Discussion, identify benefits, obstacles, innovations
Conclusion, summarize the overall study, lessons learned
References, with citations in the body
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE OTHER SIMILAR ORDERS ON OUR WEBSITE AND GET AMAZING DISCOUNTS!!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-Free
We employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
We keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No Disclosure
We make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back Guarantee
If the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer Support
We have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.