Answer questions 1-21. You can find the questions on the sheet I provided,
Questions 1-22, Due at Deadline #1
1) How does the rediscovery of the slave burial ground in New York parallel the way American history has generally treated the story of Africans’ arrival and survival in this land?
2) Why did the Spanish turn to African slaves rather than other sources of labor? What were enslaved people’s lives like in this period?
3) What motivated the Spanish conquests in the New World? What were the expeditions led by men like de Soto like, and what roles did Africans play?
4) Describe the early history of Spanish colonies in St. Augustine and in the Southwest.
5) How would you explain the Reformation and the counter-Reformation? Was this a political, economic or religious struggle?
6) What were the origins of the Roanoke colony and what was its fate? What does Wood suggest Roanoke might have become if not for the shipwreck off the coast?
7) How would you describe Africans’ lives in the Dutch colony of New Netherland and in the English colony of Plymouth?
8) What was the “terrible transformation”? How does the story of Anthony and Mary Johnson and their descendants, discussed later in this chapter, illustrate this transformation?
9) Why hadn’t slavery based on color developed in the English colonies before 1650? How were conditions beginning to change by that year?
10) What were the “large and gradual” changes that brought about the terrible transformation? What were the three other ingredients that made this possible? How did laws change?
11) In chapter 4, how did law and treatment work together to support the expansion of slavery?
12) In what ways are the stories of Job ben Solomon and Equiano representative of enslaved Africans’ experiences, and in what ways are their stories exceptional? (Be sure you fully explain their
13) What kinds of work did Africans do in New World colonies? How would you compare the work of men and women?
14) How would you describe the nature of Indian-African contact and interaction? How did Europeans respond?
15) How did Europeans exploit Africans’ knowledge, especially in the development of South Carolina?
16) Explain how each of the following played a role in the development of a recognizably African American culture: family, music, language, clothing, hairstyle, and religion.
17) In what ways, besides armed rebellion, did enslaved people resist their enslavement?
18) How successful were attempts at rebellion in this period? Give specific examples.
19) How did enslaved people attempt to take advantage of war between European nations? How did the end of the French and Indian War in 1762-63 affect colonists, enslaved people and
20) How would you describe the series of events that led to the American Revolution?
21) Explain the role of each of the following in black people’s struggle for freedom during the Revolutionary era: Crispus Attucks, the Somerset case, and Dunmore’s Proclamation.
22) What did you think of this book? What did you learn from it? Would you recommend I use it again in this course?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.