Glenn, Maggie, and Sasha embark on a supply run and find an old computer and a box of computer parts they think will be useful to the group. They bring it to Eugene, the group scientist, who looks over the specs of the computer and various computer parts. Since there is only one computer he decides he will use it to deploy several virtual machines to run several services on one host. Eugene powers the computer up and soon realizes that the computer is extremely laggy and can’t even run one virtual machine due to its limited specifications. What two upgrades should Eugene perform on the old computer to make the deployment of virtual machines possible?
2. Enid gives Carl a new computer as a gift for his birthday. He doesn’t use an antivirus and downloads several programs from his favorite bit torrent site because he doesn’t know any better. His computer is infected with a root kit. Explain why he should use an antivirus rescue disk (such as AVG rescue disk) to fix the situation. (Hint: The rescue disks are usually Linux based and remove root kits from Windows based computers) (Hint 2: Think about what root kits are and why Linux is helpful with removing system based malware).
3. Glenn wrote a love letter to Maggie which was 1024 bytes. He mistakenly deletes the letter the day before valentine’s day and starts freaking out. This is a normal hard drive and not an SSD. Before he can recover the love letter using a file recovery tool, another file saved over most of the letter. The new file was 512 bytes. How much of the love letter, in bytes, can Glenn recover from slack space?
4. Rick, Darryl, and Aaron decide they want to set up a network to communicate between several camps. Briefly explain the pros and cons of a bus, star, ring, and mesh network. To answer this question fully, you should provide one pro and one con for each of the topologies listed in the question.
5. What layer of the OSI model deals with encryption?
6. How about user interface?
7. And what layer determines the best route your packet should take to its destination.
8. In your own words explain what a logical port is and why we should know the most common ports (note…I am not talking about physical ports on the back of a switch).
9. List 7 networking protocols and their respective port numbers (i.e. DNS port 53 and you can use this in your answer).
10. What is a network gateway and why is important to understand?
11. The Governor (a bad guy we do not trust….again do not trust) offers to allow your network users to tap into his network to transmit sensitive data. You have the choice of Telnet and SSH. What would you choose and why?
12. Briefly, what is SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS? (Software as a service, platform as a service, and Infrastructure as a service? Do more than write what their letters mean…what do they do?
13. Deanna tells Rick he must protect the perimeter of the network. Risk decides he has to put a few services in an area of the network that is accessible to the outside word. For instance, he must put a web server in this zone so that external users can communicate with internal people. What is this section of the network called and list 3 services he will set up here.
14. Darryl is helping Rick configure the perimeter security by setting up the firewall. What are the three firewall options Darryl has to choose between? And please briefly describe each one.
15. Abraham’s computer is infected with malware. Rosita thinks he has a virus and Carol thinks he has a worm. Please describe the basic functions of a virus and a worm. How are they different? And how can they both be correct?
16. Aaron is scouting a few new recruits. How can Aaron use the Internet to perform basic reconnaissance? What are four things he can look for to gather useful information on his target?
17. Gabriel successfully infiltrated the network. He deleted ALL of the log files before he left. Why was this a bad move on his part? How was Noah able to realize very quickly that there was a breach of some sort?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.