1. Based on the first four letters of Robert Walton to his sister Margaret in the novel Frankenstein, write a paragraph describing Walton’s personality. You should include in your topic sentence enough adjectives (descriptive words like “passionate,” “egotistical,” “lonely,” et cetera so that the body of your paragraph provides plenty of support.
2. In the first four letters of the novel, discuss from Mary Shelley’s point of view the importance of communication, family, and the need for companionship.
3. How does Walton respond to the stranger in Letter 4? Why do you believe Walton is attracted to the character?
4. What qualities do you believe Victor and Walton have in common, and what aspect(s) of that personality prompt(s) Victor to respond to Walton with a warning towards the end of Letter 4?
5. Describe Victor Frankenstein’s family background in terms of his parents, status, family life, and general upbringing. How would you interpret Caroline’s marriage to Alphonse, Elizabeth’s adoption as a half-sister, and Victor’s relationship to Elizabeth?
6. Chapter 2 reveals much about Victor’s personality. What are the main ingredients to Victor’s personality? What does Victor study? What does he consider his purpose in life?
7. In Chapter 3 Caroline dies at the expense of nursing Elizabeth back to health. What does Shelley imply is the proper activity of any mother for her child?
8. Chapter 3 presents Victor as a university student. Characterize Victor’s beliefs as a student. With whom does Victor identify? What does Victor challenge and why?
9. In what ways does Henry Clerval fulfill the role as a nurse? A second Caroline? A second Elizabeth? To whom does Clerval direct his services?
10. In what ways are Victor and Clerval opposites? What does Shelley seem to say about opposites attracting?
11. How does Victor respond to the elemental forces of Nature? Why? In what ways is Nature like a friend or source of inspiration?
12. Chapter 6 introduces a letter from Elizabeth to Victor. What does Shelley reiterate about letter writing?
13. Chapter 7 opens with a letter from Alphonse to his son Victor? Why does this letter precipitate Victor’s return home?
14. While at home does Victor assume responsibility for William’s death and Justine’s accusation? How is Victor affected by the knowledge that he may be responsible for William’s death?
15. What does the trial and death of Justine reveal about the justice system?
16. Does Victor take responsibility for his actions?
17. Chapter 10 highlights the encounter between Victor and the Monster, atop Montanvert. How does the Monster’s eloquence repudiate Victor’s claim the Monster is “wretched.”
18. Describe the Monster’s earliest memories. How are his earliest thoughts reminiscent of a newborn’s?
19. What ways/techniques does Shelley use to “humanize’ the Monster? Are they effective?
20. Is the Monster’s acquisition of knowledge believable, admirable, helpful?
21. Chapters 11 through 16 are notably the Monster’s tale. What does Shelley achieve by having the Monster tell his own tale?
22. What is the Monster’s request to Victor? What is Victor’s response initially? Why does Victor change his mind? Does the Monster have a valid request?
23. Whose argument –the Monster’s or Victor’s–do you believe is more reasonable regarding the Monster’s request?
24. Why does Victor eventually destroy his second Creation?
25Ultimately, which character not only learns but also adjusts his behavior in the novel?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.