Topic: Solving my people puzzle part 2
SOLVING MY PEOPLE PUZZLE: PART 2 INSTRUCTIONS
This learning activity (i.e., Parts 1 and 2) will provide resources for describing, developing, and managing your personality (i.e., relational style: thinking; doing, feeling; and relating to others)
against the backdrop of various people puzzles (e.g., extrovert/introvert; project/people oriented; thinking/feeling/doing, etc.). Interestingly, our interpersonal arena could be described as a
bumper-human world as various behavioral pressures continually bless, bother, and bruise us. Understanding that “personality pressure” is a felt experience that often reveals what makes us tick
and get ticked off with different people empowers us to become personality-, emotionally-, and relationally-wise. It comes as no surprise to realize that how we think, feel, and relate differently
will influence our relationships, even the people-helping relationship. Keep in mind that it really does not matter what your personality is. What matters most is that you learn to control it
through appropriate resources and best fit strategies rather than allowing your personality to be in control.
Overview of Part 2:
• In Part 2, the student will demonstrate fit by aligning his particular relational style with each of the main D.I.S.C styles.This process informs an important query: “How to Become the Me I Want
to Be?” The student will discuss how his/her particular style evidences attention to each styles’ strengths, blindspots, listening patterns, as well as style preferences and priorities.
• In Part 2, in anticipation of this course’s counseling scenario, the student will demonstrate fit with a predetermined careseeker (i.e., Bruce, Joshua, Brody, Justin, or Melissa) from the case study
Crossroads: A Story of Forgiveness (see Module/Week 1 > Reading & Study).
• Finally, the student will identify and solicit a person to be the mentor in this project. As a result of taking 2 free abridged assessments (i.e., DISC and MBT-I), a common behavioral language will
be used in the mentorship. This action supports student’s efforts to “Become the Me I Want to Be.”
(Solving My People Puzzle: Part 2 is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 3.)
The following outline identifies essential components of the SMPP Part 2: Developing and Managing My Relational Style Report.
Template Components of Part 2: Developing and Managing My Relational Style Report
• Correct file name for word document (i.e., PACO500_SMPP2_StudentInitials)
• Cover Sheet
• Table of Contents
• Introduction (Do not use this heading. The first paragraph is assumed to be the introduction.)
• Mentor’s DISC and M-BTI Confirmation
• Student’s M-BTI Report
• SMPP Part 2 Questions/Answers (Consider using an annotated outline approach; i.e., bulleted full sentence explanations grounded appropriately in course materials through
citations/References. For Annotated Outline details, see Discussion Board Guidelines and Tips and Final Project Instructions)
• Conclusion (i.e., the “So What?!” or closing argument of your study)
• References (at least 8 sources will be cited; place References on its own page)
Professional/Leader DISC Profile
How to Solve the People Puzzle
Why Don’t We Listen Better?
• Grading Rubric (on its own page)
SMPP Part 2 Instructions:
In Part 2 of Solving My People Puzzle, the student will describe best fit strategies for the development and management of relational styles. Directions are provided below.
Now that you have gained a basic understanding of your relational style, refer to Part 1 as necessary to complete Part 2. If necessary, add to or clarify the Part 1 Report before writing this
paper. For example, Part 2 includes the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (M-BTI) assessment (i.e., “HumanMetrics”). After completing that assessment, you may want to add further insight to your Part
1 information. Review Kollar’s (2011) discussion of the M-BTI (ch. 17) after taking the M-BTI.
Identify and solicit a wise person for mentorship. This person may ultimately secure and support your personal and professional growth and development; for now, he/she will only need to help
you complete this assignment:
• On the first day of the module/week, email this person requesting partnership in completing this assignment. Since language is everything in the development of an effective mentorship, ask
him/her to take 2 free assessments (include directions and links below) and to email confirmation of completion with a concise identification of his/her DISC (e.g., I have a dominant cautious
temperament: DC) and M-BTI (e.g., I am typed as an extrovert who prefers to think from the gut and not have more than 1 or 2 things unfinished at a time: ENTJ) indexes. As a result, common
language will be acquired to help both effectively engage a future mentorship. Ask for email confirmation to be returned within 2 days of receipt.
• A free 10-minute DISC assessment (abridged) may be taken through the following link: http://discpersonalitytesting.com/ When the site opens:
A short, free M-BTI assessment (Jung Personality Test) may be taken through the following link: http://similarminds.com/jung.html
Ignore initial prompt for age description; only give attention to questions under this heading:
• Refresh your relational style description by comparing/contrasting your DISC description with a different version of the M-BTI assessment (i.e., free “HumanMetrics”). Self-administer this
assessment, capture the brief report, and paste it on to the page after your mentor’s report. To go immediately to this free assessment, click on http://www.HumanMetrics.com/cgi-
win/JTypes1.htm. Click on “DO IT” button. Your HumanMetrics score will look like the material pasted below. Explore the web links provided to explain more about your type.
Your Type is
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
67 25 50 67
INTJ type description by D.Keirsey
INTJ Career Choices by Jung Career Indicator™
INTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss
Qualitative analysis of your type formula
• distinctively expressed introvert
• moderately expressed intuitive personality
• moderately expressed thinking personality
• distinctively expressed judging personality
After the “HumanMetrics” is completed, compare your DISC profile with the MBTI through the following web site: http://www.internalchange.com/PPSMBO-231.pdf
Concisely answer the following questions in your Part 2 template. Support (i.e., cite) your answers by remaining closely connected to the readings and assessment information according to APA
Guidelines (e.g., in-text citations and References).
SMPP Part 2 Questions:
1. How will you demonstrate fit with each of the primary DISC styles (i.e., D-I-S-C)?
Your answer will inform the process of “Becoming the Me I Want to Be” in various relational contexts.
– Remain alert to your relational style challenges (e.g., blindspots: overuse of a strength or an unmanaged shortcoming) as you demonstrate fit with the potential challenges of each style
– Concise strategy identifies alignment needs and resources with appropriate insight and technique
– Evidence of Hallmark Purpose’s influence with appropriate application of spiritual formation truths, insights, and techniques
TIP: Before responding to question 1, use the following links to increase your ability to respond rather than react to the 4 styles; cite accordingly:
• Be alert to each style’s strengths and blind spots: http://www.squidoo.com/discstrengths
• Communicate and connect effectively with each style:
• Be alert to different styles’ preferences and priorities in the learning process
2. How will you communicate and connect with a predetermined care-seeker from the case study?
Your answer will inform the process of relational alignment in this course’s counseling scenario.
– Identify care-seeker from case study (i.e., Bruce, Josh, Brody, Melissa, or Justin)
– Identify and briefly describe care-seeker’s relational style
– Demonstration of fit should provide evidence of care-seeker’s potential strengths, shortcomings, and interpersonal challenges (i.e., apply Q#1 insights; review Case Study & Why Don’t We Listen
3. How will you communicate and connect with your mentor?
Your answer will inform an initial mentorship as well as positively influence future mentor/mentee relationships.
– Mentor assessment information
– Strategy for communicating and connecting with mentor should noticeably evidence DISC and M-BTI relational style alignment
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.