using formalism to analyz “people like that are the only people here”
• Contain a thesis that states the theme, or overall argument, the story makes about the topic.
• Development of that thesis with thorough support/evidence and analysis of that information that is organized so that a reader can easily understandand experience your ideas.
• The order in which you discuss things matters. In an early draft order should not be your concern, but as you progress through your reading and re-reading, and re-tooling of your essay, imagine the experience your reader is likely to have. Just as a teacher needs to pay attention to the order in which he/she offers certain pieces of information to the class, so does a writer.
• Some background information on the story will be important to give your reader early on as you will be assuming your reader is unfamiliar with this text, but don’t overdo the summary portion of your essay. Your reader will be eager to learn what you make of this story more than the details of the story in a vacuum. (They could get that information online!)
• Your intro should serve to prepare your reader for your thesis.
• Your thesis should prepare your reader for a discussion of how the writer’s overall meaning/theme/argument is created through either 1) literary devices/writerly tools and decisions (Formalism) OR 2) your individual interaction with the text as determined by your experiences, values, associations, etc. (Reader Response)—depending on which approach you are taking for the particular essay.
• Body paragraphs should take on, one at a time, different aspects of how this meaning (which was conveyed in the thesis) was created.
• Ideas and instances from the text should be smoothly integrated with your ideas and should adhere to MLA conventions when as in the stance of quoting. (See Library Tutorial from last week)
• In your concluding paragraph, review for your reader your overall claim about that the story’s meaning and how that meaning was created.
• Be open to changing your thesis! Good writing is almost always the product of revision—of seeing your ideas differently over and over again.
• Start soon—good work takes time.
• Sees a piece of literature as complete and existing without respect to the reader.
• Is interested in the way in which all of the features of a piece work together as a whole toward a particular aim of the writer.
• Attends to devices the writer used such as: structure, imagery, character development, setting, language, etc. (See list in week two box)
Ask yourself questions such as:
-How does the form of this story create a particular meaning in the text?
-Why would the writer have chosen to make this particular “move” as he/she was writing?
-What if he/she had chosen to make a different “move”? How might the meaning have changed?
the story is in this website http://jordansebastianbonner.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Moore.pdf
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.