What kind of Leader for Change would you be?
Final Project: “What kind of Leader for Change would you be?”
The final paper will focus on you as a leader – your view of the world, your own present or future power or authority, your vision of progress, and your beliefs about
your role as a possible agent of change.
There are several ways in which this can be written and presented, such as:
1. “Wildest Dream” Write the paper as a description of your “wildest dream.” If you could have your dream job or dream position in a group of people or an
organization, that could affect social change, what would it be and how would you see your role?
A Successful Civil engineer
2. “Personal Reflection Now” If you want to be more pragmatic, you can write this paper as an analysis of your present circumstances. You can describe a current
work or social situation that exists now and what tools and concepts you can use to achieve a particular goal.
3. “Evaluate the Civil engineering department at Portland state university ( PSU ) ” You can apply all of the concepts we have used in class on a particular
department or program at PSU. This only is helpful if you are involved in the department. Your view of mission statements, organizational structures, drivers and
leadership characteristics need to be described in detail.
4. “Community of Change” Finally, if you do not want to write just about yourself, you may write the paper from the point of view of a community. For example you
can write about you as a group of students or as a religious or social community. How can you as students lead in the field of education or politics? This is a
little trickier, but it can be very powerful and perhaps more useful for you at this stage in your lives.
The paper is worth 20 points and should include the following requirements/concepts.
o At least seven pages in length:
? One page showing your latest “leadership model” with description
? One page showing an example “organization chart” with description
o Your latest definition of leadership and a description for the social change you would like to help lead:
? It is fine to use someone else’s definition as long as you say whose it is and explain why you like it in your own words.
o A description of the field in which you would like to be involved and the change you would like to see happen:
? Try to be as specific as possible. For example, don’t just say “Business,” but perhaps investment banking or the restaurant business.
? This is not limited to your professional life. You could choose your social or even personal life, i.e. family, hobbies, religious organizations, etc.
o A description of your relationship with others in the organization as a leader, follower and your relationship to an audience:
? For example what would your title be? If you choose a work setting this might be partially explained in an organization chart, but perhaps not.
o A description of your personal drivers in that field:
? Why is it important to you as a person (or community)?
o A description of the social or economic drivers in that field:
? Why would others want to follow you or work with you to follow someone else?
? How are society or the environment pushing for change?
o A description of your leadership style and attributes and why they would work well in that field:
? What are your skills, personality type, authority or sources of power that you could use?
? Why is your most likely leadership style and whose definition are you using?
o The paper is relatively free of misspelling and grammatical errors.
o You have at least two citations that do not include the textbook, but can be from pretty much any other source.
Your grade will be based upon:
(1) Completeness in describing the concepts above and connections to discussion/readings
(2) Evidence of critical thinking – strengths and weaknesses identified, critical questions raised, connection to your own ideas – especially where you disagree
with the text or discussions in class.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-Free
Confidentiality / 100% No Disclosure
Money Back Guarantee
24/7 Customer Support