A One Day Charity Fundraising Event
A Client from Charitable Ventures Ltd has approached your organisation Project Management Ltd (PML) with an exciting opportunity, namely to plan and cost out a one day charity fundraising event. You consider this to be a golden opportunity to enter a growth market of charitable fundraising event management.
The project is currently in the feasibility stage. As the Client is unable to run this event through Charitable Ventures Ltd they are seeking other organisations who may be interested in undertaking the project. You will be expected to come up with a concept idea and will have the freedom to choose the venue and which charity the event will support. The Client will be expecting your team to present an overview of the project concept plus the future phases (and activities) of the project from definition through to delivery. The Client has handed your team a list of hurriedly prepared project objectives, project requirements and constraints (see below). You will be up against other teams in this exercise so you will be expected to prepare a convincing and powerful presentation to persuade the Client to use your team’s ideas.
To plan a one day Charity Fundraising Event to take place on Saturday 23rd August 2014 within a maximum budget of £30,000.
The project requirements agreed at the meeting were as follows:
– A high quality Fundraising Event is required to attract the maximum level of financial support for your chosen charity;
– A rigorous marketing campaign with the inclusion of a high profile Celebrity (who should be present throughout the Event) is to be conducted to ensure maximum attendance;
– The Client will provide £20,000 up front and is expecting your team to give details for how you will raise the additional £10,000 (e.g. from corporate sponsorship, sale of tickets etc.)
– The target is to make a minimum profit of £20,000 for your chosen Charity once all project costs have been accounted for (including returning the original £20,000 to the Client).
YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO MAKE CONTACT WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THE UNIVERSITY WITHOUT MAKING IT CLEAR TO THEM THAT THIS IS A THEORETICAL ASSIGNMENT WHICH WILLNOT ACTUALLY TAKE PLACE.
One of your first tasks is to decide who in the team is to be the Project Manager and then to organise roles within the team. It was agreed at the end of the first meeting with the Client that the following would be included in the teamproject planning report:
– Outline the main theme for the Fundraising Event and the name of the charity that it will be supporting;
– Define your team’s approach to developing the project plan for the Charity Fundraising Event using the Project Life Cycle;
– Develop a Project Scope Statement;
– Develop a Marketing Plan and explain how you will raise the £10,000 to cover the outstanding costs.
– Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and explain it;
– Include suitable team structures for each phase of the project;
– Conduct a Stakeholder Analysis of the project;
– Plan the day and identify the critical activities;
– Construct a Gantt chart to determine an estimate for the cost and time duration of the tasks identified in the project and analyse it to determine the Critical Path;
– Provide a full financial cost breakdown of the project, including a projected profit figure (after all costs have been taken into account);
– Identify the key risks that might be encountered in the projectand construct an outline project risk register;
– Determine a means of monitoring and controlling the project costs and activities once the project is implemented.
You will need to make assumptions to enable the cost of the project to be estimated. You must ensure that these are justified, logical and consistent in your presentation and they must also be made explicit in your team project planning report.
The project planning report must be submitted via VLE System to the Client from Charitable Ventures Ltd. It is more than likely that there will be deliverables and milestones within the project and your team will need to advise the Client on these.
Assignment Requirements and Assessment:
PART ONE – Team Presentation – 15 minutes
(25% of Assignment Marks)
You are required to present your proposal to the Client (for this assignment represented by the module teaching team). Your Presentation slides (max 8) should demonstrate the scope and extent of the project and are to be handed out at the presentation. These should include a Project Scope Statement with realistic project objectives, a Marketing Plan, a Work Breakdown Structure, a fully detailed Gantt Chart, Financial cost breakdown with a projected profit estimate and a justified Risk Register. You will be asked to present for 15 minutes and to justify any assumptions and estimates you make. You may use PowerPoint for the presentation if you wish. This activity is designed to replicate a business presentation and aims to provide you with feedback on the clarity of the information provided, your team’s powers of persuasion and the credibility of the data presented.
Marking Criteria Comments Mark
Clearly presented with good use of visual aids and team member participation
Project Scope Statement, with realistic time, resource and financial objectives, and a Marketing Plan
Project Management tools and techniques demonstrated
(i.e. an accurate WBS, a fully detailed Gantt Chart, realistic financial cost breakdown and a justified Risk Register)
Persuasive argument used
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.