CASE STUDY REPORT
The case study report is the third component of assessment for Researching Crime and Deviance (SC4003) and counts as 50% of your overall grade for this module.
For this assessment you are required to provide a written 2000 word report of your full critical evaluation of ONE of the above research papers.
You will need to write this in a research report (not essay) format under the following headings:
The heading /title of your report should reflect which article you have reviewed. This should including who wrote the article, the year it was published and its title, for example:
Review of Smith’s (2000) article ‘Understanding street crime in London’
1. Introduction and Literature review (purpose, aim, and references)
• You should introduce the study briefly setting out the aims of the research commenting on the appropriateness and comprehensiveness of their references to related literature.
• Consider and comment on how the researchers have conceptualized their subject area. Describe which concept(s) are being investigated and try and evaluate any definitions which are being operationalised.
2. Methods (approach, sampling, access, ethics and analysis)
• Describe the methodology:
• What approach have they adopted?
• Why have they used this approach?
• Describe the sampling procedure/strategy:
o What was the sampling population?
o What was the sampling frame?
o What type of sample was used?
• Evaluate (with reference to the methods literature) whether this sampling procedure/strategy was appropriate given the aim and nature of the research.
• Explain how the sampling procedure/strategy and/or sample may have affected the validity and/or reliability of the findings.
Access and ethics:
• Describe what ethical concerns, if any, were considered during the course of the research.
• Comment on any respects in which these were in accordance with, or contrary to, ethical guidelines.
• If the report does not contain a commentary on ethical considerations, then explain what issues might have arisen during the research.
• Remember to explain why such considerations are important.
3. Findings/Results (robust, valid and reliable)
• Provide a descriptive summary of the key findings.
• Try and consider whether or not a different research design or alternative research decisions would have produced different results.
• Comment on how valid and/or reliable you consider these findings to be, given the methods(s) used to generate them.
4. Discussion and Conclusion (relevant to other literature)
• Provide a descriptive summary of the key conclusions (how the findings/results have been interpreted) to the research.
• Try to consider whether, particularly in relation to other literature on the topic, the conclusion makes sense and is useful.
• Comment on whether the researchers have considered alternative interpretations to their own.
• You MUST provide a complete bibliography which MUST include the full reference for the article which you are reviewing.
• In order to evaluate you chosen research article you will also have to have made reference to other literature about research methods and the subject area tacked by your chosen research article.
• Comments you make regarding Research Methods/Findings should be substantiated with reference to the research methods literature.
• Comments you make regarding the Introduction/Discussion and Conclusion should be substantiated with reference to other material on the subject area tacked by your chosen research article.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.