Cash Flows in Business Organizations
Task 1 (Total 14 marks)
Using your text book, other books, journals and/or internet resources explain to a concerned business owner why the Net Profit generated from operations by the business may not be equal to the Cash Generated by Operations over the same period. Use a hypothetical example (in a Cash Flow Statement format) to support your explanation. In your example you may assume any figures for the entries required. (14 marks)
Task 2 (Total 6 marks)
IAS (International Accounting Standard) 7 Statement of Cash Flows recommends the “direct” and “indirect” methods of presenting the Operating Cash Flow section of Cash Flows Statement. Explain, with examples, the difference between the two methods, including the layout of each. (Note: Numerical data is not required) (6 marks) Task 3 (Total 60 marks)
You are required to choose two Public Limited Companies (TARGET and WALMART) in the same sector or industry and carry out the following tasks based on their recent Cash Flow Statements published in their Annual Reports:
a. Compare and contrast, over two consecutive operating periods, the respective net cash flows from Operating Activities of the two companies. (16 marks)
b. Explain how each company has managed its working capital over the two accounting periods? (18 marks)
c. Analyse and explain the Financing Activities of each company in the two consecutive operating periods. State with reasons which of the two companies faces lower risk for their long-term funding policy in the most recent year. (read the chairman statement) (14 marks)
d. Review the Investment Activities of the two companies in two consecutive operating periods and state with reasons which of the two you consider having a more prudent investment policy in the most recent financial year?
Task 4 (Total 10 marks)
Comment on the overall strategy being observed by the two companies based on their cash inflows and outflows over the two consecutive periods you have analysed in previous tasks. As part of your answer, consider which of the two companies is able to manage its cash flow better. Give reasons in support of your views.
Referencing (Harvard Style) and: (5 marks)
• References (Harvard System) and Bibliography: 5 marks
• Language, Scholarship, and Presentation: 5 marks
You can find companies’ Annual Reports from several sources such as libraries and Company’s House. An online source where Annual Reports can be downloaded quickly is www.F]T.com (search under Annual Reports and look on the right hand side of the screen for “Annual Report Service”), or from the companies’ own websites, usually found under ‘Investors’ relation’.
• The assignment is a report, and should be written in a report format that includes all the tasks.
• The assignment should be between 900 and 1,300 words (Excess writing will be disregarded).
• Assignment must be typed in Arial, font size 12 with double line spacing.
• Pages should be stapled together (top left hand corner).
• All workings, extract of the annual report (statement of cash flow etc.) must be included in the appendix.
• The report contributes 20% of your final grade.
• The FINAL version of the report MUST be handed in at INTO reception and a signature obtained for its submission by 15.00 on Thursday 27th February 2014.
• The coursework must also be submitted through Turnitin. The Turnitin Originality Report must be attached to the submitted hardcopy
• Any student who fails to hand in the work by this time will lose marks. (See below).
• You will also need to KEEP an electronic copy of your essay.
What to include:
The report should include a cover page with your English and/or native name, the title of the essay and the date that you hand it in.
The Report Structure Must Include:
• Table of Contents with page numbers
• Introduction – a short introduction to give a brief overview of your report
• Main Body of Report – Includes analysis and evaluation of each of the tasks. So you could structure your report into sections which will contain an analysis and evaluation (with relevant examples) of each of the tasks.
• Conclusion (your final evaluation that flows from your work)
• References and Bibliography – The report must be fully referenced using the Harvard System of Referencing taught in your English classes. Students who failed to adequately reference their reports will have their work referred to our plagiarism officers. Severe penalties will be imposed for any incidence of academic misconduct with dire consequences for your ability to pass this module and progress to university. (Please see below)
• Appendix – Excerpts of Annual reports and other financial statements must be included in the appendix to your report. We will not mark any reports without the cash flow statements you have used as we will have no way of verifying the figures used for your calculations and analysis.
I have chosen TARGET and WALMART the annual report can be found from the links below:
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.