Coaching & Mentoring
APA- in-text Citations- If the citations are in the reference page, they must also be in the body of the paper (in-text citations!)
WEBSITES TO USE ARE LOCATED BELOW!
“The BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg said: “The BP board is deeply saddened to lose a CEO whose success over some three years in driving the performance of the company was so widely and deservedly admired” (BP CEO, 2010, para. 2). “The tragedy of the Macondo well explosion and subsequent environmental damage has been a watershed incident. BP remains a strong business with fine assets, excellent people and a vital role to play in meeting the world’s energy needs. But it will be a different company going forward, requiring fresh leadership supported by robust governance and a very engaged board” (para. 3).
• “No single factor caused the Macondo well tragedy. Rather, a sequence of failures involving a number of different parties led to the explosion and fire which killed [eleven] people and caused widespread pollution in the Gulf of Mexico [on April 20, 2010]” (BP Releases Report, 2010, para. 1).
• “A report released by BP [on September 8, 2010] concludes that decisions made by “multiple companies and work teams” contributed to the accident which it says arose from “a complex and interlinked series of mechanical failures, human judgments, engineering design, operational implementation and team interfaces” (BP Releases Report, 2010, para 2).
• CEO Tony Hayward was criticized on how his slow-to-react behavior culminated in one of the greatest environmental disasters in the new millennium. Let’s go back in time and imagine the BP Board of Directors hired you as an Executive.
Coach to partner with Mr. Hayward to take appropriate actions in a timely manner to resolve the Macondo tragedy effectively. PLEASE conduct some background research to better understand the incident and best serve Mr. Hayward, the Board of Directors, the company, the environment, and the communities affected.
PLEASE goo to the BP website (www.bp.com) and choose BP Global, then Gulf of Mexico response, and lastly, BP internal investigation.
1. Click on Read the press release and review.
2. Click on Watch the video (29 minutes) and take some notes that might help you with your coaching framework.
3. Click on Download the executive summary (pdf, 3735KB) and review.
4. Click on Download the full investigation report (pdf, 13959KB) and review.
5. You can also download the Appendices A through and including AA for reference.
6. Click on See presentation slides (pdf, 1347KB) and review
In addition to this summary, please address the following questions that you must consider in order to create a culture of coaching / mentoring:
1. Who or what is driving what is talked about / discussed in a coaching relationship?
2. What is the impact of these influences?
3. What might be possibly be denied / avoided in your coaching scheme? Why?
4. Who is being empowered / disempowered in your coaching work relative to the BP case study?
Please include the following:
text body content,
References page to house your outside sources.
Plan to use at least 3 outside sources to validate your work, including the BP website.
All must be created using APA citation, format, and style.
The case study paper should be 5 to 6 pages
BP CEO Tony Hayward to step down and be succeeded by Bob Dudley. (2010, July 27). Retrieved September 13, 2010, from http://www.bp.com/
BP releases report on causes of Gulf of Mexico tragedy. (2010, September 8). Retrieved September 13, 2010, from http://www.bp.com
PLEASE research other sites that speak to the Macondo disaster and how BP /executive management worked toward a sluggish resolution to the issue
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.