Environmental scanning is about constant reading, listening and watching of current affairs with an eye to an organization’s interests. Broadly speaking, environmental scanning is identifying the issues, trends, factors, and institutions that affect or may potentially affect your client’s ability to operate.
Organizations use environmental scanning to monitor important events in their surrounding environment. It is a way to answer the question, “What’s happening in the external environment that is likely to affect my client’s future – either positively or negatively.
Scanning involves identifying and analyzing the issues and trends that have important implications for the
future. For public relations practitioners, these factors include:
• the size and nature of your client’s market
• the activities of current or potential strategic partners
• competitors’ successes and failures
• legal constraints as well as legal protections
• social issues of concern to your client or its stakeholders.
You need help me identify and analyze MIAMI DOLPHINS.
Here is the guildline:
• Scan The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal to see if there are any issues that are relevant to your client or its industry.
• Use this news story and others in your environmental scanning report and provide a citation for each article (APA style), including the date and a page number.
• Prepare a 250-word environmental scanning report (one page, double-spaced), outline the issue and explain how a particular event may have an impact on your client’s organization, and your recommendations for how your client should respond, if at all. If you do not believe a response is necessary, briefly explain why.
• Make sure to provide specific suggestions on how to deal with potential threats and how to take advantage of any opportunities.
• If you are unable to find news that is relevant to your client, you are still required to complete a report outlining a news story about a major current event and explain why it is important.
• The report must be turned in as a hard copy at the beginning of the class period when due.
Recommendations and tips:
Environmental scanning helps you to identify threats and opportunities for your client that exist in the external environment. When preparing the ES report, ask yourself these questions:
• Does this event/news affect my clients in any way? If yes, in what way? What do I need to do to be prepared for a potential crisis and/or for media questions?
• Does this event/news provide an opportunity for my client to get positive news coverage? Negative news coverage? If yes, what should be done?
• Does this event/news provide an opportunity for development for my client (market expansion, customer service improvement, new product introduction, etc.)?
• Does this event/news affect my client’s industry? If yes, what are the potential consequences for my client? What needs to be done to prevent any negative consequences?
Using Factiva and Lexis/Nexis databases to search for news stories for ES reports:
1) Go to http://onesearch.uoregon.edu/databases/alphabetical
2) For the WSJ, choose “Factiva” database.
3) Scroll down and you will see the most current issue of the WSJ on the right side of the screen.
Search WSJ using a keyword or select an industry from the menu bar.
4) For the NYT, choose the “Lexis/Nexis Academic” database.
5) Choose “Search for News.” In the “Search For” menu, use a keyword to begin the search. In the “Source Title” menu, type in New York Times.
Formatting newspapers citations using APA style:
Schwartz, J. (1993, September 30). Obesity affects economic, social status. The Wall Street Journal, pp. A1, A4.
Brody, J.E. (2007, December 11). Mental reserves keep brain agile. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.