evaluate the treatment of various revenue and expense items for Aussie Pies (B) (Rankine, 2006).
Basic understanding of International Standards and US GAAP, revenue recognition, and expense recognition.
Learning outcomes (from the CRS):
Critically analyze financial reports and related accounting information, using basic accounting principles and financial analysis.
Organisation & methodology:
The structure of the paper should follow the following format:
Statement of authorship and plagiarism.
1. Introduction: Purpose of assignement
2. Discussion of revenue or expense topic and appropriate presentation in statements. (See the questions below and answer them)
Rankine, G. (2006). Aussie pies (B). [Case study]. Thunderbird, The Garvin School of International Management. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School.
Plagiarism is the act of presenting another’s ideas or words as one’s own. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, the intentional falsification or fabrication of any academic activity, unauthorized copying of another person’s work, or aiding and abetting any such acts.
Particular care must be taken when presenting information that has been obtained from an internet site. Should this information not be correctly referenced then you are guilty of plagiarism and will be penalised accordingly.
1. What factors will be important to the success of the meat pie production and distribution business?
2. What amount of unearned revenue should be reported on the balance sheet? When will this revenue be recognized in the future?
3. Consider transaction no. 7. Why and how does a manager choose the method of depreciation for the operational fixed assets? How does the manager determine the asset’s life? What impact does the life of asset have on the balance sheet and the income statement?
4. Consider transaction no. 8. Should start-up costs be capitalized on the balance sheet as an asset, and, if so, over what period of time should the capitalized costs be written off, two years or more than two years?
5. Consider transaction no. 13. Why did the company pay out such a large dividend (60% of net income)? How would the bank view such a large payout? Would it have been more efficient for Amphlett and Ferris to pay themselves larger tax deductible salaries?
6. Consider transaction no. 9. What are the implications of issuing shares to outside investors who will want representation on the board of directors? How much control should Amphlett and Ferris be willing to give up in order to obtain additional capital?
7. Consider transaction no. 5. How did Amphlett and Ferris decide $30,000 was the right amount of capital expenditures for the year? Did they consider the future cash flows the equipment would generate versus the company’s cost of equity investment?
8. Using appropriate ratios (profitability, liquidity, solvency, and asset turnover), analyze and discuss the company’s financial performance for the year.
Rankine, G. (2006). Aussie pies (B). [Case study]. Thunderbird, The Garvin School of International Management. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.