Jazz concert review
During the 8 weeks in which the course takes place you must attend a full-length concert of jazz-oriented music. ??
The purpose of the concert review is to utilize the tools we develop throughout the course to critically engage with a live musical experience. It is your responsibility to attend an appropriate concert in which music is the main event (musical theatre, church services, and dance performances do not qualify)
After attending the concert you must write a 1000-minimum word essay contextualizing the concert within the matrix of concepts, personalities, and music examined in our course. In general, think of this essay as a “critical analysis” in which you need to explain the points you are asserting. The easiest way to conceptually approach a concert review is to imagine that you’re describing the event to someone who is not at all familiar with the music. So, in addition to recounting the context for the concert – the venue, ambiance, and audience, you must also describe what the music sounded like – the instrumentation, musical style, performer interaction, and how each piece develops and changes over time.??
Please address the following points:
• Date and venue of performance, performers (name of the band and/or the names of individual performers for small ensembles)
• Describe the performers and instruments (list each instrument for small ensembles)
• Describe the ambiance and/or decor of the venue.
• Describe the audience.
• Identify the style of jazz performed.
• Identify the titles of the pieces that you discuss, including composer’s names if possible/relevant.
• Describe in some detail five of the songs/pieces performed, with a paragraph for each piece. This is the core of your report, and should comprise at least 500 words. Be specific as possible, utilizing vocabulary and musical terms from the course if possible. Make observations on:
• the general character of each song – melody, rhythm, texture, and timbre (in your own words, as it seems appropriate).
• the emotional content of each song and the interaction between performers (including interesting exchanges/dialogues between instruments/musicians, descriptions of solos, etc.)
• how the song/piece developed and changed over time – shifts in mood and character, notable moments, etc.
• In conclusion, sum up your experience. Did the music communicate to you on a deeper emotional or psychological level? Why, or why not? Was there a particular performer (or performers) who you really connected with – why? How did the information you learned in class impact your experience?
I’m interested in your ability to contextualize the event within the framework of our class. Your essay will be graded based on depth of analysis, the degree to which you address all of the bullet points above, the use of detailed examples, and on spelling and grammar. One of the course learning outcomes is to become an “ active” listener, so your observations should reflect a developing awareness of this skill. If you quote or paraphrase an author, website, or other research materials, you must cite your references using parenthetical citations (author last name, page number) or footnotes, and include a bibliography. Although not required, this additional research is encouraged, and may provide you with extra credit.??
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.