Library Research Assignment (Group Project) Due MARCH 13, 2012
Students will use the information, strategies, and research tools presented in the “Library Resources” class presentations in Week 4 to complete a research assignment. Questions on the research strategies and tools should be directed to the Reference Librarians.
Ask a Librarian is located at: http://library.csun.edu/Research_Assistance/askus.html
Questions regarding due dates, point value for completion of the assignment, or appropriateness of topic selection should be directed to your comp 100 instructor.
Overview of Research Assignment
Students will develop a more in-depth understanding of topics as defined and discussed in course textbooks. This will be achieved through the use of research strategies and a systematic exploration of appropriate information sources introduced in the library Resources lecture. Students will document their research by creating an annotated bibliography using the topic selected.
1. The annotated bibliography will contain SIX (6) sources (for Groups of Two) and NINE (9) sources (for Groups of Three) using a standard form/style (such as MLA) for the reference citations.
2. Of the 6 sources in the annotated bibliography, at least TWO should be from a PRINT resource i.e. (Books, Edited Books, Journals, Magazines, Newspapers or Personal Interviews), TWO should be from SURFACE WEB i.e. Freely accessible websites, TWO should be from DEEP/INVISIBLE WEB i.e. Restricted access web sites (CSUN Subscription databases). Media Resources such as TV/Radio Broadcasts and Films are also acceptable.
3. Each source listed will also include a 3-5 sentence annotation which will describe the relevance between the information in the source and the topic of the research.
4. The annotated bibliography should be typed in MLA style, Double spaced with one inch margins (top, bottom, left, and right). Include your names and page number in the header (top – aligned right), include your names, Prof. Name, Class name, date on the left side.
5. A cover sheet is not necessary in MLA format!
6. The completed annotated bibliography is due to your instructor on the date announced in class in MARCH 13, 2012
1. Microsoft Windows 7 New Operating System – Revolution vs. Evolution?
• Buying a Windows OS used to be so simple. A new version appeared, most people agreed it was better than the last one and you’d get a copy for your next PC. Job done. But Windows Vista changed all that. Despite many years of availability, Vista’s poor reception means that computer manufacturers are still selling new systems with XP. It’s also common for laptops to be downgraded from Vista to XP, with battery life reportedly improving as a result. Deciding which operating system is best for you has become decidedly trickier, then, and the arrival of Windows 7 only complicates things further. Is the newcomer just Vista with a facelift? Or has Microsoft learned from its mistakes and delivered a product that will restore its battered reputation? Perhaps you should forget about Vista and Windows 7 altogether, opting for the mature XP instead?
2. Privacy of Medical Records
• Little more than 10 percent of the nation’s physicians (in 2005) had adopted electronic medical technology! Is your data safe?
3. Computer waste and the environment: whose problem is it?
• You’d never guess it, but your PC puts about 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year! What can you do to help?
4. Should spyware be illegal?
• At StopBadware.org, consumers can report about programs that they have a problem with and check to see if there is an issue with something they’re about to download. It’s a kind of neighborhood watch for the Internet!
5. Internet Dating
• Internet dating is proving a much more successful way to find long-term romance and friendship for thousands of people than was previously thought, new research shows! Is it safe and for everyone?
6. Why is Apple so expensive?
• In this case, so expensive means more than I can afford to pay!
7. The Increase of Identity Theft
• Social Security numbers are the most valuable pieces of consumer information for identity thieves! How can we prepare and protect ourselves?
8. Intelligent Search Engines: Is Google it? What about the newly-unveiled Bing Search (which makes good use of modern browser technology)? While most would agree that Google has set the current standard for Web search, some technologists say even better tools are on the horizon thanks to advances in artificial intelligence.
9. How has YouTube affected the TV industry?
10. Which Web Browser and Why? Stuck in a ‘Net surfing rut? Firefox, IE, Safari, and Opera have all been refreshed recently, and newbies Google Chrome and Microsoft IE 8 have joined the fray. Which one is for you? Over the past year, every major browser has undergone an equally major revision. Sometimes the revisions are reflected to the left of the decimal point, sometimes to the right, but always with big changes in functionality, performance, and under-the-hood optimizations. The results have provided the best crop of choices for Web browsing in a long time — possibly since Firefox 1.0 appeared and made one’s choice of Web browser a topic of serious competition once again.
(If you have a topic that is not on the list, please see your instruction for approval.)
When you have completed your annotated bibliography, answer the following question in one separate page and attach to your annotated bibliography
If a friend asked you where you found the best information on your selected topic, based on your research activities, what would you tell them you discovered about the process and/or the information sources?
(NOTE: Every student is to write their own individual summary!):
Assignment Points and Grading
Form a group of Two/Three (6 Sources for Groups of Two and Nine sources for Groups of Three)
Select your topic
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.