Math Problem, Mathematics
1) Write up your solutions on separate sheets of paper, and include all relevant work leading up to your solution. You are being graded on your solutions, not just on your answers ; a “5” will not be awarded merely for having the right answer. Your solutions should be written as though they were to appear in a lucidly written text book, with complete sentences, correct grammar, and appropriately displayed equations (not cramped). Use this sheet as a cover sheet for your test.
2) Your work should be your own. You may consult your notes (including past assignments and my solutions thereto), any resources I have posted to Moodle, and you may see me for help, but you are not permitted to work with each other, and you are not permitted to consult any other resources, including the internet. Your signature below indicates that you have adhered to to these rules.
In the following problems, if A is a set, then its complement is denoted by A0. If a is an element of a Boolean algebra, we denote its dual by a0.
1) If n is an integer such that n = 4k + 1 for some k ? Z, prove that n2 – 1 is divisible by 8.
2) Prove that if 3n + 7 is odd, then n is even.
3) Prove that n3 is even if and only if n is even.
4) Prove that v3 2 is irrational. Hint: you will need to use the result from problem 3.
5) Provide a counterexample to show that the following statement in set theory is generally false: “if A n B = A n C , then B = C ”.
6) Let A and B be subsets of a common universal set U . Prove that if A ? B, then B0 ? A0.
7) Consider the Boolean expression abc + ab0c + ab0c0.
a) Draw the circuit for this expression.
b) Simplify the expression and draw the circuit for the simplified expression. Hint: you can write the expression/circuit with just three gates.
8) Find a binary representation for the base 10 number 2014.
9) Find a binary representation for the base 10 number 1 .
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.