Take the organizational climate questionnaire, pp. 81–82 in the Manning and Curtis book.
Describe whether your organization is exploitive, impoverished, supportive, or enlightened.
Describe the features of your organization that indicate which kind of organization it is.
Describe five steps your organization could take to become better and move up in the scale.
Do you think it is likely that this kind of change could happen in your organization? Why or why not?
Please write your answers in a 300- to 500-word document.
Exercise 5–1: Organizational Climate Questionnaire42
For each dimension of organizational climate, circle the number on the scale that represents conditions in your organization (1 is low; 20 is high).
1. Reward system—the degree to which people are recognized and rewarded for good work, rather than being ignored, criticized, or punished when something goes wrong.
Rewards are not in line with Effort and performance are effort and performance. recognized and rewarded positively.
2. Organizational clarity—the feeling that things are well organized and that goals and responsibilities are clearly defined, rather than being disorderly, confused, or chaotic.
The organization is disorderly, The organization is well organized, with confused, and chaotic. clearly defined goals and responsibilities.
3. Standards of performance—the emphasis placed on quality performance and achievement of results, including the degree to which meaningful and challenging goals are set at every level of the organization.
Performance standards are low. Performance standards are high.
4. Warmth and support—the feeling that friendliness is a valued norm and that people trust, respect, and support one another; the feeling that good relationships prevail in the day-to-day work of the organization.
There is little warmth and support Warmth and support are in the organization. characteristic of the organization.
5. Leadership—the extent to which people take leadership roles as the need arises and are rewarded for successful leadership; the willingness of people to accept leadership and direction from others who are qualified. The organization is not dominated by or dependent on just one or two individuals.
Leadership is not provided, accepted, or Leadership is provided, accepted, and rewarded; the organization is dominated by rewarded based on expertise. or dependent on one or two individuals.
6. Communication—the degree to which important information is shared—up, down, and sideways. Communication channels are open and free-flowing between levels and areas of the organization.
Information is incorrect or unavailable. Information is accurate and available.
7. Innovation—the extent to which new ideas are sought and used in all areas of the organization. Creativity is encouraged at every level of responsibility.
The organization is closed The organization is innovative and unresponsive to new ideas. and open to new ideas.
8. Feedback and controls—the use of reporting, comparing, and correcting procedures, such as performance evaluations and financial audits. Controls are used for tracking progress and solving problems, as opposed to policing and punishment.
Controls are used for policing Controls are used to provide and punishment. guidance and solve problems.
9. Teamwork—the amount of understanding, cooperation, and support demonstrated between different levels and groups in the organization.
Teamwork is low. Teamwork is high.
10. Involvement—the extent to which responsibility for decision making is broadly shared in the organization. People are involved in decisions that affect them.
There is little participation Participation in decision making is high. in decision making.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.