Persuasion or Social Influence to Change Prejudice or Stereotyping
Given all you know about how to change people at this point in the course, can you apply your knowledge to tackle one of the most important and difficult problems in society? The goal of this final Application Assignment is for you to think of creative new ways to use social influence and persuasion processes to change the negative attitudes, beliefs, and behavior that that underlie intergroup conflict.
To prepare for this assignment:
• Review Chapters 4, 5, 9 and 11 in the course text, and think about the various ways that people are motivated to change their behaviors, attitudes, beliefs, etc.
• Then think about ways of using a foot-in-the-door and door-in-the-face strategy to facilitate positive behavior toward a disliked group.
• Consider what behavior you would like to encourage and the steps necessary to initiate change.
• Now consider how you might use cognitive dissonance to change negative attitudes towards a stigmatized group. Then think about using the induced compliance and/or justification of effort procedure strategies to motive change.
• Lastly, create and describe a persuasive message to promote appreciation of multicultural diversity. Think about the audience, the use of central route to persuasion, and three strong arguments you could use to promote appreciation of diversity.
The assignment (1 page): APA style format, No Plagiarism and must be cited with references and according to course rubrics. Thank you.
• Create and describe a foot-in-the-door or door-in-the-face strategy that can facilitate a positive behavior toward a disliked group. After you identify the group and the target behavior, explain whom you would try to change and what steps would be necessary to initiate commitment or reciprocity processes. Do you think this would lead to long-term change? Why or why not?
• Use cognitive dissonance to change negative attitudes towards a stigmatized group. First identify and briefly describe the stigmatized group and the negative attitudes that your audience holds toward them. Then, using either an induced compliance or justification of effort procedure, explain how you would get your target audience to commit a discrepant act that would cause dissonance. Then explain how you would provide the means to reduce dissonance by changing their attitudes toward the stigmatized group.
• Create and describe a persuasive message designed to promote the appreciation of multicultural diversity. Identify the audience and, in order to use the central route to persuasion, explain how you would motivate them and provide the ability to process your message. Identify three strong arguments you would use to persuade them to appreciate multicultural diversity. Finally, assuming some people in the audience may not be motivated or have the ability to process the arguments, describe a positive source cue that you would include to influence these audience members through the peripheral route.
Support your Application Assignment with references.
Course Text: Brock, T. C., & Green, M. C. (2005). Persuasion: Psychological insights and perspectives (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. Chapter 11, “Changing Prejudice” (pp. 249–280)
Application Assignment and Writing Rubric
There are four primary quality indicators for written assignments. All written assignments should include scores for the first three indicators (Responsiveness, Content, and Quality). Include the final indicator (Research, Scholarship, and Professional Style) if the rubric is being used to evaluate a research paper, e.g., a final research paper for the course.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.