1. It is commonly argued that in the Apology Socrates appears as an arrogant and self-destructive individual, facilitating his own demise. Nevertheless, he does put forward several interesting and strong arguments in his own defense. Choose three of these arguments and explain them fully in relation to the crimes he is charged with. Are they effective in furthering his defense? Do you believe Socrates should have been convicted? Why?
2. In Plato’s Republic, Thrasymachus presents several arguments in favor of the position that “Might makes right.” Explain three of his arguments. Do they explain how things are in the real world, how they ought to be or both? Explain. Regardless of which option you choose, which of the three options would represent the strongest ethical position?
3. In Book I of The Republic (p. 78), Socrates, discussing a possible definition of justice, says, “It is just to give each what is appropriate to him.” Using this definition, analyze its applicability to the structure of and functions in Plato’s ideal state. Does this state reflect this theory of justice? Give three examples from the text to support your position.
4. Clearly state and fully explain an argument either for or against the existence of God as well as a counterargument(s) to it. Remember that your arguments must be reason based (rational) rather than faith based (emotional).
5. Aristotle is known as the founder of “virtue ethics.” This means that for him, judging a person’s moral worth is more about a person’s character rather than individual actions. At the same time, even for him, virtue depends on action. Explain the relationship between virtue and actionfor Aristotle, explaining in detail what virtue is and how a person can develop a particular virtue.
6. As we saw in the film Decalogue I, the metaphysical views that a personholds as true, tend to influence their views on morality. Discuss the differences between the father’s and aunt’s outlooks on life. In making decisions in your own life, to what extent do you rely on scientific (practical) considerations and to what extent do you rely on faith. Where do you draw the line?
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.